Pit Bull attacked my wife's German Shepherd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think anybody could fault you for what you did. I wouldn't hesitate to drop a dog attacking me or mine, but a dog that's just barking doesn't deserve a bullet.

I think there's a reason they say "good fences make good neighbors." Yours are lucky.

I agree. And I have changed as I've gotten into my mid 50s; I can't kill animals anymore, hardly. I used to be a fanatical cat fisherman, but I can't bring myself to kill even those, I simply release them. I don't know why this change has come over me.

Good to hear he's on the mend JB, you're a good man.

And I am a tired man, this evening, Okie4570. This is my mediocre project I did this afternoon, to keep the Pit Bulls out. There is much to do along the fence line, but it should be relaxing and rewarding.

i.imgur.com_PDFrhC4.jpg

i.imgur.com_EgLMFYL.jpg

i.imgur.com_HVTwyim.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am glad the dog is going to be okay. I think you can count on him being by your side for the rest of his life. It may sound crazy, but I think dogs remember and will have your back as long as they are alive. You did a good thing. It is easy to tell someone to crawl under a house and drag out an injured dog. It is another to do it.
You did a good job.

I seriously thought that dog would eat me alive when I tried to tie that sheet around him.

Good Deal!! Glad everything's gunna be ok.

Yes, it is coming together. This is a very busy week. BTW, I just closed up the chicken house and caught that same snake again!

ousoonerfan22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've done good JB
Why are your neighbors allowing pitbulls to run loose?
Where I was raised in a rural area a pitbull running around the country doesn't last long or any other dog that chases cattle.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've done good JB
Why are your neighbors allowing pitbulls to run loose?
Where I was raised in a rural area a pitbull running around the country doesn't last long or any other dog that chases cattle.

Most people on this road are closely related. I am on good terms with everyone and I need to keep it that way. I am from Mississippi and have no kinship lines here. That is another reason I have shown restraint. There are cattle adjacent to me, and pits will be pits...

My fence line is going to become impregnable, as these dogs do their thing, they won't be able to do it on my property.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know what kind of fence you have but I bet those pits could tear through a field fence! You might have to run a hot wire.

Barb wire, with hog wire attached to it. It was like that when I bought this place. Railroad ties dug into the base. There are gaps mainly along the fence that faces the road. My big problem will be cutting through the lush vegetation in order to correct these deficiencies. I have plenty of materials to augment and beef up the fence line. I look forward to it, besides, I might catch some more snakes!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just an FYI both my past pits jumped 6ft privacy fences if they got bored, if they want on your property that gate and fence aren't tall enough to prevent it. As far as waiting for the dog to attack before shooting you could be too late to save your life or a loved ones life, it'll happen in a blink. I'm one of the first to jump to the defense of the breed but I'm a realist. That's not a dog breed to mess around with. No large breed dog that acts fearful or aggressive should be taken lightly.

Glad your dogs going to be OK. A dog at large is fair game you can easily articulate fear of grave bodily harm and are fully justified. Let me ask you this is permanent disfigurement or death worth a relationship with your neighbors?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad your dog is on the mend. Whether your know it now or not, you now have a friend for life.

And about the fence. I once had a Treeing Walker coonhound that learned that he could climb a fence just almost like one of us would, he discovered this ability when a nearby ***** came into heat. Never could keep him in the yard after that. So you may end up having to shoot some dogs regardless. I hate to see dogs put down as much as anybody, but I won't tolerate what you are dealing with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom