Pit Bull attacked my wife's German Shepherd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad your pup is doing better. You might check with the feed stores or Tractor Supply or Orschlens for you drugs for your critters. I used to buy a lot of stuff like that back in the day when I had cows and horses and goats. Speaking of goats, get you some, even if they are the dwarf goats. The will help you get rid of the poison ivy in your fence rows. they will run by the best looking grass to get to poison ivy! It must taste like candy to them.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'm glad your pup is doing better. You might check with the feed stores or Tractor Supply or Orschlens for you drugs for your critters. I used to buy a lot of stuff like that back in the day when I had cows and horses and goats. Speaking of goats, get you some, even if they are the dwarf goats. The will help you get rid of the poison ivy in your fence rows. they will run by the best looking grass to get to poison ivy! It must taste like candy to them.
And stray dogs love goats. Had buddy lost 17 goats to a dog pack one morning. They had to have jumped the fence too.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A neighbor's pitbull jumped their fence and was running around the neighborhood. My frail crazy cat neighbor lady got her by the collar but she just wanted to wonder around and brought her with her. I was coming back from picking up food so I jumped out and got ahold of the dog for her. The neighbor came out and apologized and took the dog back.

The dog wasn't aggressive at all, more like a big puppy. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot her if she was attacking my much smaller dogs, but I don't think that will happen.

I'm a little disappointed with the conclusion that OP put over all pitbulls because of one ****** neighbor.

Hope your pup has a quick and full recovery. He looks a lot like my old German Shep/Huskey did.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dachshunds [snip] unable to deter like a guard dog

My experience with dachshunds must be different from yours. A couple of our neighbors had them when I was a kid and we lived in town. One of them bit me...twice. The other one knocked up the miniature poodle that wandered up and decided to stay with us. The white poodle and brown dachshund made a litter of nine black puppies (most had white on them, not a one of them had any brown). We kept the runt and gave away the rest. The runt used to get loose (he'd unscrew his stake from the ground and take it and his chain with him) and kick the crap out of every dog on the west side of Mounds. "Every dog" included German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Pit Bulls, and an assortment of other dogs (mostly mutts) that were bigger than he was. Easiest way to catch him when he got loose was to find a hole in the ground and go "Scamper! What's in that hole?", then make sure you caught him before he made it in, otherwise you would find out what was in that hole (usually possums, but he dragged out a skunk a time or two).

And stray dogs love goats. Had buddy lost 17 goats to a dog pack one morning. They had to have jumped the fence too.

That's what Great Pyrenees are for. Or that Tibetan Mastiff, or a Caucasian Ovcharka.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My experience with dachshunds must be different from yours. A couple of our neighbors had them when I was a kid and we lived in town. One of them bit me...twice. The other one knocked up the miniature poodle that wandered up and decided to stay with us. The white poodle and brown dachshund made a litter of nine black puppies (most had white on them, not a one of them had any brown). We kept the runt and gave away the rest. The runt used to get loose (he'd unscrew his stake from the ground and take it and his chain with him) and kick the crap out of every dog on the west side of Mounds. "Every dog" included German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Pit Bulls, and an assortment of other dogs (mostly mutts) that were bigger than he was. Easiest way to catch him when he got loose was to find a hole in the ground and go "Scamper! What's in that hole?", then make sure you caught him before he made it in, otherwise you would find out what was in that hole (usually possums, but he dragged out a skunk a time or two).

That's what Great Pyrenees are for. Or that Tibetan Mastiff, or a Caucasian Ovcharka.

My older Dachs, when she was a puppy, got pretty aggressive with my dad. She was just under a year when she met him for the first time. Up until that point I was the only man she'd been around, and I'm kind of a small dude. My old man is much bigger than I am and I think that scared her. Anyhow, he was moving towards me to hug me and she lost her damn mind. She charged up the back of the couch we were next to, lunged, and bit his arm. I'd never seen her act like that before, and never again since. I think that she was terrified of him and really thought he was going to hurt me. She's made friends with my dad since then, and that episode convinced me that she would lay down her life for me. She was a rescue, she was dumped by an irresponsible breeder who could get her sold.

I agree though, Junior's dog will forever be loyal to him and his wife. Haha, he looks awful pathetic all shaved though.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A neighbor's pitbull jumped their fence and was running around the neighborhood. My frail crazy cat neighbor lady got her by the collar but she just wanted to wonder around and brought her with her. I was coming back from picking up food so I jumped out and got ahold of the dog for her. The neighbor came out and apologized and took the dog back.

The dog wasn't aggressive at all, more like a big puppy. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot her if she was attacking my much smaller dogs, but I don't think that will happen.

I'm a little disappointed with the conclusion that OP put over all pitbulls because of one ****** neighbor.

Hope your pup has a quick and full recovery. He looks a lot like my old German Shep/Huskey did.

Quite the contrary, he responded to my link, and he knew it was the humans fault.
He was just protecting his "pack", I offered, Maybe the white would make a good member, If he had the time.
Big strong breeds just need to be offered a lower level of play, thats what they want.
Unfortunatly some humans dont have the ability to teach, Love, help animals, not different than ...some shouldnt have guns.
Its easier to ban them than it is to teach/learn from them. Guns and animals.
Maybe some humans should be banned, ha I know a few... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom