Places that are off limits for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my (not so) humble opinion, whoever told you to ignore the signs is an idiot, and exactly the type of criminal who shouldn't be allowed to wear a gun. I don't frequent places I'm not allowed to carry. If I absolutely MUST enter (like the post office), then I leave my gun in the car. Period.

WOW just WOW... Maybe go read the 2nd admendment and see who the criminal's really are...

IMHO...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I am not a lawyer. However, I have spoken with a few on this issue, and each has affirmed my reading of the statues.

In my (not so) humble opinion, whoever told you to ignore the signs is an idiot, and exactly the type of criminal who shouldn't be allowed to wear a gun. I don't frequent places I'm not allowed to carry. If I absolutely MUST enter (like the post office), then I leave my gun in the car. Period.

:shocked: My goodness ...

On a lighter note, you guys gonna start shooting matches again? I thought you had moved off it has been so long since we have seen you and your darling bride.

are any Malls in the OKC area restricted

I don't know about Crossroads -- we avoid that place like the plague. Actually we have gotten to where we pretty much avoid all the malls, but I don't recall seeing a sign at either Penn Square or Quail Springs.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then he is guilty of a misdemeanor and if caught can be fined and have his license suspended. The fundamental law in this state is that it is illegal to carry a weapon, with the exception that if you are licensed under the SDA, you are authorized to carry provided you do so in a way authorized by the SDA. If you are carrying in violation of the SDA, then the underlying law applies and you have broken the law.

my understanding, and many others i have spoken with, is that the sign holds little to no legal standing. when you walk into a place with a no guns sign then you have broken no law, just you are not abiding by the property owner's wishes. if said property owner sees your weapon(which is where being concealed comes into play) and asks you to leave and you do so then there is no law broken. but if you refuse to leave then you are guilty of a trespassing violation. of course this does not pertain to government buildings IE post offices.

maybe i am wrong, maybe not, but that little sign does not stop me from carrying most places.

Lucky13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I almost forgot to take my gun off and leave it home going to work today. Had to check it in at the armory instead. Tinker AFB Bldg 230 (where I work) definitely gun free zone.....lol.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My job says I can't have a weapon in my car on their property, I can park off there property but they will then Know I definitely have a pistol in my car. Wouldn't that cause more problems?

Is your employer specifically covered by law (like a school) that says you can't leave it in the parking lot? It's my understanding that by law employers cannot restrict employees from leaving a gun in their vehicle.

Even though Oklahoma is an At-Will state, that would be an easy case of unlawful termination to win, or so I've been told by attorneys who do HR seminars around here.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Weapons of any kind are not permitted on BOKF property under any circumstances other than by authorized security personnel. If you suspect another employee of possessing a weapon on BOKF property you should contact Security immediately."

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Weapons of any kind are not permitted on BOKF property under any circumstances other than by authorized security personnel. If you suspect another employee of possessing a weapon on BOKF property you should contact Security immediately."

that is against the law now. you can carry your weapon as long as it stays in your vehicle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom