Places that are off limits for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wlnixonjr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless it is prohibited by state or federal statute, you would commit no crime in concealed carrying in those private establishment which prohibit conceal carry. But, you could be asked to leave the premises if they found out you were carrying.

my $0.02

Bill

TheAvenger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Midfirst Bank at Reno and Portland in Oklahoma City and the branch in Mustang are posted "No Weapons." I think is may be corporate policy and all branches are posted. A grocery store owner in Mustang got the letter a few years ago and took his sign down.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless it is prohibited by state or federal statute, you would commit no crime in concealed carrying in those private establishment which prohibit conceal carry. But, you could be asked to leave the premises if they found out you were carrying.

my $0.02

Bill

Trespass is covered in Title 21, Section 1835 of OK code, not in the SDA.

Simple trespass on posted private property carries a penalty up to $250. If done, "Disturbing the Peace" or "Destruction of property" can possibly add some jail time.

The part about individual notification and permanent prohibition is in Section 1835.1 and is usually used against shoplifters or vandals that have been caught.

I don't have any argument for people who make the personal decision to value their safety over the (small) risk of a fine. That is each person's decision to make.

However, what purpose does to serve to keep erroneously repeating "they can only ask you to leave?" :confused:

neverjeg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dear Owner/Manager,

I recently attempted to enter your business for the intent of making a purchase. As I approached the door, I noticed a signed that read “No Firearms Allowed”. I respected your wishes, but thought if fair that you understand more of the story.

I am a law abiding citizen of the United States of America. As such, I have passed a background check and obtained a license from the state to carry a concealed weapon. By carry a concealed weapon into your business I would not have been a threat to you or your customers. In fact, by the very concealment of the weapon, neither you nor your other customers would have known. If, on the other hand, I were a criminal - your sign would have done nothing to preventing me from entering.

I do respect your personal property rights and was only slightly inconvenienced to take my business to your competition. I hope you realize, regardless of your intentions, that you have banned law abiding citizens exercising a constitutional right and at the same time, serviced notice to criminal elements that they have less chance of meeting resistance in your business than any other.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even better. Selective gun control. Trust him to show up and testify that he told you that when some punk's momma is suing both of you for shooting fer poor little robber?

When visiting some restaurants in Texas they have signs posted CCW only and they post the Title and law if you carry and you don't have one.

Maybe some businesses would change there signs if they have a alt sign like CCW carrying only.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I assumed that all banks would prohibit, maybe due to their FDIC agreement? I work for the Post Office, so I can't even leave mine in my car at work, such a bummer. Expo square used to be state property, but was annexed by the City of Tulsa. I wonder if that prohibits any carrying there. What about liquor stores? They're primarily selling alcohol, but not serving it.

ya what about liquor stores

Latest posts

Top Bottom