Places that are off limits for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trust him to show up and testify that he told you that when some punk's momma is suing both of you for shooting fer poor little robber?
Yes, I do with 100% certainty.

I guess if we had a question about a specific place or situation, we'd call who? State troopers HQ?
What specific place?
Perhaps we already know.....

okbirdman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't a posting at a business nothing more than a request? All they can ask you to do is leave IF they know you are carrying, correct? Or am I off base here?

I justspoke with an OCPD officer who said that carrying in a posted business is only trespassing but your initial warning was given with the sign and you can now be arrested for trespass. Not a chance i want to take.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I justspoke with an OCPD officer who said that carrying in a posted business is only trespassing but your initial warning was given with the sign and you can now be arrested for trespass. Not a chance i want to take.

In spite of often repeated mis-information on the internet, it is correct as stated above.
Athough rare, people can and do get arrested for ignoring signs. Ask the Texas fellow who carried into my Credit Union and got caught. (His case illustrates several problems, including OK does not have 30.06 signs, and make sure your license is not expired)

The SDA does not cancel, list, or change the trespass laws, which are located in an entirely different section of the law.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would think that with the huge volume of applicants for CCW and those already awarded permits, that more than a few have been 'caught' carrying in a posted establishment.

How would we find out specifics about charges (if any) and subsequent penalty? I know you can look at places like oscn.net if you know a specific person's name to see some history, but what if you don't know of a specific person?

Oh...and I work in a posted facility. But I work for municipal golf courses and they fall under the government buildings doing business with the public auspice.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always wondered if it would turn a "justified" shoot into an "unjustified" shoot if you had to use your weapon for SD in a posted place.

In OK, you can sleep soundly on that one.

A $200 misdemeanor fine will not be a relevant factor to a felony charge. Of course, if you shot the store owner by mistake, THAT would be a problem. :oops3:

tulsadavid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I assumed that all banks would prohibit, maybe due to their FDIC agreement? I work for the Post Office, so I can't even leave mine in my car at work, such a bummer. Expo square used to be state property, but was annexed by the City of Tulsa. I wonder if that prohibits any carrying there. What about liquor stores? They're primarily selling alcohol, but not serving it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom