Places that are off limits for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbolt01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The main thing to think about is this: If it is not illegal according to state law, I don't worry about even looking for signs. It is CONCEALED! If I were caught and asked to leave a place that is posted, I would leave.

Agreed, I'm not going to take off my gun every time I go somewhere. What would be the point in carrying at all! It's a ''CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT'' so just keep it concealed.

jphillipw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check this out

"c. any property adjacent to a structure, building, or office space in which concealed weapons are prohibited by the provisions of this section,"

The house my fiance and I are buying backs up to an elementary school. After our fence, the school property starts. Does this mean I can't even have a gun in my home? (we are both CCW holders)

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FastLane (small gas station chain in this area) has gunbuster signs up as of this morning.

Because of their $20 unlimited refill 22oz mug, they were the exclusive gasoline vendor for my house. They have now lost $500/month from us.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't read this whole thread so this may have already been said. I think it's pretty stupid of the owners and managers of any business like banks, credit unions, fast food, Quick Trip etc. to post No Gun signs.

These are the places that get robed and people get killed. The bad guy isn't going to pay any attention to the sign other than feel he is safer robing an establishment that has a sign rather than one that doesn't.

Some peoples logic just escapes me... I don't get it...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Curious.... I went to a local establishment the other night to have a brew....

Now, I didn't take my gun inside with me, because part of my purpose was to have a brew (or two). So I left it in the car, and proceeded to have dinner with a colleague and then left for home.

In the meantime, I've wondered.... would it be legal to carry concealed in this establishment if I decided to just go have lunch? It is NOT a "bar", but I'm not sure that the primary purpose is food, either.... It's technically billed as a "Pub and Grill" I believe. No way for me to determine if the primary purpose is food or alcohol, I don't guess....

Any thoughts?

Of course, I have no intention of carrying concealed after drinking.

Although.... if I have a beer or two and leave the weapon in the glovebox, when I leave, I am technically still "carrying" as it is a loaded weapon in an automobile and thus covered by the CCW permit, as opposed to an unloaded weapon in an automobile and allowed by state law for most anyone. I don't personally see that it is better to actually remove the gun from the glovebox, remove the magazine, empty the chamber, load the round back in the magazine and place both back in the glovebox. Isn't it better to let sleeping dogs lie? I mean, I am not inebriated, of course, but the argument could be made that even after one or two beers (20oz Murphy's Red, in this case :) ), a person's reflexes and/or coordination could be impaired, yet not legally speaking over the limit to drive. Performing all these actions in the confines of a darkened automobile seems overly complex when one could just leave well enough alone in the glovebox and drive home. I would, of course, NEVER turn on the dome light in such a situation, inviting passers-by to an easy look at me fumbling with a loaded weapon in the vehicle, lol. In my raggedy hoopty, they would immediately surmise I was about to either rob the nearest liquor store or just commence shooting innocents forthwith... :(

So.... I guess my second question is, should I refrain from ever consuming alcohol if I've brought my weapon from home? Is locking it up in the car and leaving it in the glovebox considered safe "enough"? Or should I make a trip home to drop off my weapon before proceeding to dinner with my wife where we might have a glass of wine or two?

These are serious questions, I'm not looking to start trouble, just wondering what might be the best way to handle things.

Latest posts

Top Bottom