Plastic P-Mags VS Aluminum GI Mags for AR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P-Mags VS Aluminum mags for AR rifle

• P-Mags

Votes: 67 80.7%
  • Aluminum

Votes: 16 19.3%

• Total voters

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The didn't happen to be C-Products mags were they?

After this weekend's experience, I withdraw my support of teflon-coated aluminum mags. I had my mags in pouches on my belt, 3 per pouch. I left my belt in my car's trunk in the heat all day, and when I later got my belt out and tried to pull a mag out, the other 2 mags in the pouch came out with it! It turned out that the teflon actually melts in the heat, and sticks your mags together if you have them stacked like I do with my rig. Not cool -- that could be a bad deal in a life or death situation in which you need every round of ammo you brought. I noticed the same issue again today when I brought all my gear in from my car and unpacked the mags from the belt rig. I didn't think there would be a downside to those teflon mags, especially with all the positive reviews people are giving them, but I guess I am now in the market for some regular Al mags with the no-tilt followers or some P-mags.

Latest posts

Top Bottom