Please read if you buy or sell firearms on OKshooters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no duty of due diligence when selling a gun in Oklahoma. You just cannot knowingly sell to a felon, underage, etc... if you have no reason to believe that they are a prohibited person, you do not have any kind of duty to check. You don't even have to ask whether they are or aren't.

Thanks, that was my point with the term Due Diligence. Thank you.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still have a drafted agreement that requires you to transfer the firearm within 60 days of purchase, or else the sale is not conclude and I have the right to take the firearm back as long as I return the money.

troll.me_images_jackie_chan_whut_whut.jpg

You make someone say they will "transfer" the gun to them? WTF does that even mean, to transfer? Like go to an FFL and transfer it? Can an FFL to a transfer without the seller being there? Doesn't an FFL technically receive the gun to be able to sell it?

You will threaten to confiscate the item if they do not? How is this enforceable? Since this is a civil contract, would you file a suit for breach?

How do you know if they even do that or not?

Why are you enforcing some pseudo gun registration when we live a state that does not require such asinine action?

You actually found someone who agreed to do such a transfer when purchasing a firearm from you? Surely not, and they were just blowing smoke.

These are not rhetorical questions. My mind is blown and I am curious what the answers are.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sold (Private Sale) a rifle at a gun show a few months ago and the guy told me he was going straight to a pawn shop he knew to have the gun transferred to him. I thought it was weird but to each their own I guess.

But how does that happen? How can an FFL transfer a gun they didn't receive from a seller?

Do they receive it from the buyer and then transfer it back to the buyer?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would have to be one hell of a good deal for me to buy from someone on those terms. I do not like dealing with people who support infringements on my liberty, like government mandated background checks and pseudo registration.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
knowingly is where the argument is. I typically don't sell firearms to people without a CHL, and even at face to face encounters I still have a drafted agreement that requires you to transfer the firearm within 60 days of purchase, or else the sale is not conclude and I have the right to take the firearm back as long as I return the money.

If you are that concerned about selling to the wrong person, why don't you just dispense with the sillyness of an unenforceable "contract" and insist on a dealer transfer from the beginning? Plenty of our local dealers do low cost transfers...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
knowingly is where the argument is. I typically don't sell firearms to people without a CHL, and even at face to face encounters I still have a drafted agreement that requires you to transfer the firearm within 60 days of purchase, or else the sale is not conclude and I have the right to take the firearm back as long as I return the money.

Just did a deal with a OKShooters member the other day, he knows what I'm taking about!

It is of course your right to demand silly concessions on your items for sale. I do hope you state that up front, as it would be a deal breaker at the meet and I'd post negative feedback as a result.

Latest posts

Top Bottom