Pmags or Surplus mags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is better? Pmags or metal?

• Pmags

Votes: 72 56.7%
  • Metal, surplus or new

Votes: 21 16.5%
  • They are both equal.

Votes: 34 26.8%

• Total voters

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just wanna know how people are saying that surplus mags are equal to pmags lol. The pmag is the gold standard IMO. Only mags ive owned that have given me zero issues.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have come full circle on the issue. In the last year i have dead lined 6 pmags with broken feed lips. While still use them, i also use GI mags with the latest or Magpul followers. Reliability has not been an issue. Of course this means I have the old familiar "clank" back. It seems a bunch of people just dont understand that mags are consumable items.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weren't the original AR-15/M16 20 round magazines meant to be disposable? As in use one in the field, and then toss?

I have come full circle on the issue. In the last year i have dead lined 6 pmags with broken feed lips. While still use them, i also use GI mags with the latest or Magpul followers. Reliability has not been an issue. Of course this means I have the old familiar "clank" back. It seems a bunch of people just dont understand that mags are consumable items.

Yup…consumable items. And for a real old timer like UMB…that clank is rather nostalgic.

I have both, but for some reason my rig usually gets filled with the metal ones…maybe it's nostalgia, or habit, or I don't know. But they work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom