Politicians can carry guns anywhere now in Oklahoma....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“We as legislators need that extra protection in the event that our lives are endangered,”

It's statements like this that exhibit and prove the hypocrisy of legislators. They are completely and totally out of tune with the general population.

I challenge them to never create a law for themselves that they wouldn't apply to the citizens as well.

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still missing the "rights" thing. Privilege maybe, but not rights. A privilege that comes at the expense of a particular job. Our 2nd Amendment rights are already infringed so railing about an obscure bill, that opens up LEO-style carry to a very small group of U.S. Attorneys does zip for the cause. Furthermore, doing it in an uneducated and civically ignorant way just makes us look like idiots and actually hurts the cause.

Outraged Ignorant Gun Owner: "OMG, Politicians can carry everywhere now! I'm outraged!"
Everyone Else: "Uh, no they can't. Who is this guy?"

The bill is out of committee, in one body, sent to another committee, still has to be reconcilled and/or voted on by the other body, and then signed by the Govenor. And, as I read the text of H.B. 1255, it doesn't apply to politicians, it applies to federal prosecutors.

Sorry for the interruption: Back to your regularly scheduled indignation hour......
Were you replying to me? I didn't say it was all politicians. I also didn't say it already passed. I merely said that being able to carry everywhere isn't something the average citizen with a permit can do.

That they're prosecutors makes it no better. They're not peace officers, either.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know Ralph. I'm disappointed in him. Each and very citizen of Oklahoma needs personal protection. If he wants personal protection, he can remove the restrictions on all of us and get his along with the rest of us.

Woody

I missed the opportunity to ask Ralph about this today. Maybe next Friday I'll have another opportunity.

Woody

getchurgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Minority Leader Scott Inman, D-Del City, said elected officials should have the means to protect themselves.

“Every one of our guys who has been here for any number of years has had at least one encounter of somebody getting pretty irate and upset with them in their office or in the hallway, so it’s just a safety measure,” he said.

Scott is my representative and I will be calling him on Monday. First, is he saying they can shoot an unarmed citizen? As anyone who has been to the Capitol knows, you cannot just walk in there with you sidearm strapped to your waistban or anywhere else. After stripping down to just sock, pants and a shirt I MIGHT get the go ahead to enter the sacred building od crooks. Second, why is his safety more important than mine? Third, come and try and collect child support from some of the people I deal with and then tell me an angey citizen is dangerous.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Minority Leader Scott Inman, D-Del City, said elected officials should have the means to protect themselves.

“Every one of our guys who has been here for any number of years has had at least one encounter of somebody getting pretty irate and upset with them in their office or in the hallway, so it’s just a safety measure,” he said.

Scott is my representative and I will be calling him on Monday. First, is he saying they can shoot an unarmed citizen? As anyone who has been to the Capitol knows, you cannot just walk in there with you sidearm strapped to your waistban or anywhere else. After stripping down to just sock, pants and a shirt I MIGHT get the go ahead to enter the sacred building od crooks. Second, why is his safety more important than mine? Third, come and try and collect child support from some of the people I deal with and then tell me an angey citizen is dangerous.

He's my rep too. I'd like to hear his response if you get one. All I ever got from him was a "sorry we keep playing phone tag" apology.

getchurgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's my rep too. I'd like to hear his response if you get one. All I ever got from him was a "sorry we keep playing phone tag" apology.
hehe

I am still waiting for a response from him. I spoke to his assistant and made it very clear I wanted to talk to Rep. Inman, I guess he is too busy to speak to a voting constituent.

My question to any of the politicians who have supported this bill is "Since everyone entering the capitol MUST go through x-ray and metal detectors so everyone knows they are unarmed, when as Rep. Inman states (Every one of our guys who has been here for any number of years has had at least one encounter of somebody getting pretty irate and upset with them in their office or in the hallway, so it’s just a safety measure,” he said.), does that mean they are willing to shoot an UNARMED person?"

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hehe

I am still waiting for a response from him. I spoke to his assistant and made it very clear I wanted to talk to Rep. Inman, I guess he is too busy to speak to a voting constituent.

My question to any of the politicians who have supported this bill is "Since everyone entering the capitol MUST go through x-ray and metal detectors so everyone knows they are unarmed, when as Rep. Inman states (Every one of our guys who has been here for any number of years has had at least one encounter of somebody getting pretty irate and upset with them in their office or in the hallway, so it’s just a safety measure,” he said.), does that mean they are willing to shoot an UNARMED person?"
Wow, never thought of that. Good point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom