1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Predator kills! Photos!

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by ROON, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Wormydog1724

Wormydog1724 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Photobucket sucks now. When I upload pics they get blurry. But anyways called in a double on the first stand this morning. Called the first one in from over a mile, took a 125y shot and put him down. He was mangy and really bloody so no pic of him. The second came from behind us and snuck down a draw towards the call. At 25 yards he crossed my line of sight and I popped him. His belly was full of something, had to weigh close to 40# even though he really wasn't all that big.

[​IMG]

Bison 16" recon barrel 6.8 SPC
    AAC SDN6 can
    S3G trigger
    TR20-2 accupoint
    SSA 85gr TSX

2. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Yeah, he looks well fed. Is that a new rifle in your collection? I keep toying with a 6.5 Grendel.
    Haven't looked at your caliber yet.
    Your thoughts?

3. Wormydog1724

Rating
    100%
    That's the same old Remington R-15 I've had forever. Had it redipped in a more functional camo. And I rebarreled it to 6.8 SPC, put the Troy TRX-E on while I was at it, and basically changed everything else except the takedown pins. It's a damn fine spotter and does number on coyotes.

I've never compared the 6.8 SPC to the 6.5 G, but I know that topic has been beat to death in a lot of places. The number of different bullets and availability of commercially loaded ammo was my determining factor, and now that federal has begun producing 6.8 ammo, it's even better. Saw a coyote by my house on my way to work this morning. Think I'll try I call him in before supper.

4. PanhandleGlocker

PanhandleGlocker Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Only "predator" I have killed. I don't hunt coyotes or bobcats.

[Broken External Image]

5. Wormydog1724

Rating
    100%
    If you need help with some pigs, I'm just a hop skip and a jump from Guymon now. Have gun, will travel. :)

6. PanhandleGlocker

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Haha! Where are you at? Maybe we can find some people in Cimarron County that will let us hunt them! I normally hunt by Shamrock, TX which is a 2hr drive for me. :D

7. Wormydog1724

Rating
    100%
    Drove across the border to the free state of Texas for a quick night hunt. Called in one within 5 minutes, pretty sure I missed. Two more came in 10 minutes later, ran right passed me at 10 yards, killed the first one while the second one slipped into the tall grass. It kept barking about 50 yards away and I finally got a clear shot through the grass, not sure if I hit it either. I tentatively looked but didn't feel comfortable walking through that waist high grass in the dark with a potentially wounded/dangerous animal lurking in the midsts. I'm going back down there after work to search the area. I doubt I'll find anything. I need an IR illuminator.

[​IMG]

8. 338Shooter

338Shooter Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I've got a PVS-14 and a couple lasers. I'm always down for night hunting 'yotes. :D

9. Wormydog1724

Rating
    100%
    Bison Armory 16" 6.8 SPC

[​IMG]

10. PanhandleGlocker

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Where the heck are you hunting at Wormydog?