Predator kills! Photos!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's that time again.

Had another great weekend of hunting. My brother Jesse and our partner Alan did all of the killing, I provided a couple kill shots but never seemed to be in the right spot while the dogs were coming in. We hunted for almost 12 hours and killed seven coyotes. We honestly lost count on how many coyotes we saw. Some coyotes we busted walking in or saw while driving down the road, but all of the coyotes killed were called in accordance with the contest rules. With the nasty weather coming in, it was a perfect day and the coyotes were moving all day long. Days like that make it all worth it. Can't wait to do it again.

Jesse and Alan with a double

Jesse with a coyote taken by his ARP 6.8 SPC and AAC SDN6.

Seven coyotes headed to check in

Long day, well worth it

A team with nine coyotes and three Bobcats won the contest. We knew we would have a tough time with only seven coyotes with the way the dogs were responding to the call. Even if we had killed everything we had a chance at shooting, we would have ended up with 11. Now if we killed everything we saw... If and buts, candy and nuts...

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Woke up at 2am last night to a few coyotes harassing my dogs, then again at 6am. My dogs are in a fenced backyard and the coyotes were louder than my dogs, so I knew they were really close. Got up and gathered all my **** and walked outside facing east, not the best with the sunrise coming. 30min before sunrise I hit the call and waited. And waited. And waited.. Finally this male came from the east, and downwind at a full on run. I waited as long as I could, at 50 yards I barked him to a stop and dropped him. He was only 12 yards from the call, lucky I didn't wait any longer. Called another 15 minutes but nothing ever showed.

i416.photobucket.com_albums_pp247_wormydog1724_IMG_5328_zps38lrwpuo.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice kill wormy. They've up at the house almost right at the back door about every other night at 2-3am. My labs sleep inside at night, so I'm not sure what their doing.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya they've been going nuts. Saw 4 about a week ago across the road a few hundred yards from my house. I was hoping that group would have came running in. I'll give it a week or two and try them again.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The last three females I trapped were in heat. See them crossing the roads to and from work almost every day for the last week.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice one wormydog! Sure looks healthy.

Contest has ended. The judge is looking at the photos and will give his comments to me for posting when he is complete.

Latest posts

Top Bottom