Proposed change to Classified Rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the minimum number of posts to access the Classifieds be raised?

• Yes, it should be raised to 100.

Votes: 151 63.2%
  • No, JB, leave it alone.

Votes: 88 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Excuse me for not reading through the entire thread, but what was the reason(s) given for wanting to increase the post count?

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm willing to abide by what the moderators decide. I was also willing to wait to post in classifieds. I have sold some things but I do not sell a lot. I do like to take part in some discussions and just watch and read in others. So raising the number of posts to begin to use classifieds is fine. I still consider myself new, so I'm willing to let older(not age) members decide.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Excuse me for not reading through the entire thread, but what was the reason(s) given for wanting to increase the post count?

Dedication to site for what it is, as far as info and conversation, and not a place to make a buck, gouge or scam.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if it's per-transaction or time-limited; like here, I'm not there to buy and sell, so I haven't looked too closely at the rules. The moderators are actually the gatekeepers on that, so there could be exceptions for low-dollar ads.

Edit: That was in reply to post 122...

progun40

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel we should have an OSA classifieds committee. New members should have to go before the committee in person and explain why they should be granted a clearance to use the classified section. These members should provide information for at least three (3) professional references and their last 4 years of W2's.

I say who cares. If someone has a low post count and list something in the classifieds, then don't buy from them.

riper1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a pm from a new member (tome8689) trying to buy a gun, joined today has zero posts, i told him the rules.
i think leave the rules alone, they work fine now, each member will handle the sale or non-sale according to how they feel about it.
we have enough people trying to regulate ours lives now.
soon enough obama will be shutting down our forum anyways

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting comments here and a wide variety of views. I accidentally found this forum just as I was thinking of getting my CC. I lurked quite a while because as I was just absorbing information, and learned a lot. I registered and posted a little, then after a few posts I got bashed for asking what to some here seemed to be stupid questions, but serious information I had not been able to find elsewhere. I backed off. I was looking for a CC firearm, but could not contact the seller because my post count was too low. Then after 80 or so posts and several purchases I got zapped in the hard drive crash and had to start my post count over. During my re-start I sent a PM to 2 sellers and was able to complete my transactions after telling them why I had sub teen posts. Now I seem to blab too much. It seems you have to make rules, but as usual, it depends on the particular individual on the other end which you do not know.

I do appreciate you being here and keeping this site up and going. Especially for newbies. We were all one at one time, and most of us are still learning. Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom