Proposed change to Classified Rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the minimum number of posts to access the Classifieds be raised?

• Yes, it should be raised to 100.

Votes: 151 63.2%
  • No, JB, leave it alone.

Votes: 88 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MuTau007

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think fly by night buyers and sellers are the problem. The problem is scammers and flakes and price gougers who have no respect for "the community".

Agree 100% this is a community. We shouldn't be trying to rip each other off by charging $40+ on pmags etc...

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe you should only allow people to post in the classified if they are willing to sell at below wholesale and buy above retail.

Seriously I think possibly raising the post count to 50, more importantly making a membership time limit for new users would be the best route. If some of the people on here had their way they would only buy and sell from the same 3 people they have done business with before.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe a post limit of 100 as well as a time vs. amount of object able to be posted. Less than 1 year no posting FS items of value more than $100, after that time limit is lifted. 1 year duration lowered to 6 months upon 200 posts of VALID conversation.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20 is perfectly adequate. Always seems like the actual firearm threads die very, very quickly in the sub forums. Its understandable. New user posts the typical "870 vs 500" thread which they genuinely have an interest in discussing but the older membership really has no interest in that debate now that the forum has "matured" past that point as a whole. And some people have no interest in the BS fest of the general forum. I have less than 800 posts over 4 years and feel like I have been an averagely active member. I have even met Glock'em Down!

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. And the classifieds should not even be visible to those that are not logged in. Also invisible to those that don't meet the minimum requirements.

I think Dustin pretty well nailed it here.. I know that on the Savage Shooters board, you can't see the classifieds at all unless you are a registered or paid member. That means that without logging in they don't exist. What you guys have to remember, is that when you suggest something that requires more work on the part of the moderators, they are mostly volunteers and don't need or want a bunch of additional things added to what they do unless it really makes sense. (Thanks JB for what you and the other mods do.)

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my take on the topic. I am a member of 6-7 different forums related to various hobbies and interests. Several of them are paid membership. I truly believe this is the way to go. On said forums, there are visitors and paid members. Visitors can see some of the broad generalized topics and can read posts but can only see the titles or headings of the majority of the rest of the sub forums on the site. I like this because it give the dedicated, paid members (20,000+) their own little community while keeping out the trolls, etc. Some people will say they should have to pay or they can't afford the price of membership. Well, my response is firearms and shooting sports, hot rods, offloading, metal detecting, etc is not a cheap hobby and if you can afford to participated in these hobbies you can afford to pay $25 / year for a membership or $150 for a lifetime.

Mix a post count minimum with a membership fee and 99% of problems would be solved plus the site we love to visit and chat on is supported very well. What say you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom