Proposed change to Classified Rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the minimum number of posts to access the Classifieds be raised?

• Yes, it should be raised to 100.

Votes: 151 63.2%
  • No, JB, leave it alone.

Votes: 88 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are we trying to avoid really by raising the minimums? Price gouging? I've seen people that have been members for years and hundreds of posts do their fair share of what some people call "gouging" and other people call "selling at market value".

I happened by this forum almost 4 years ago when I googled "Remington shotgun". I read the rules, waited my time, and engaged in some nice and helpful conversations. I've made my fair share of transactions and I've met some very good honest people that I am proud to call my friends.

If we were to make some changes I would only vote for waiting a little longer. I get the reasoning behind making the classifieds non-visible, but I'm glad they're not because I wouldn't have spent hundreds of hours on here and wouldn't have some of the friends I have today.

I haven't read every post in this thread but this one strikes a chord with me. I've seen some crazy prices lately but no one is forcing anyone to pay those prices. I read them, laugh a little, and move on.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel we should have an OSA classifieds committee. New members should have to go before the committee in person and explain why they should be granted a clearance to use the classified section. These members should provide information for at least three (3) professional references and their last 4 years of W2's....

Win. Lulz.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Length of time seems to b e the consensus so far. 50 posts plus 60 days or 90 days?

another vote for 60 days with 50 meaningful posts. much to be said for charging a low $20 annual fee for posting privileges. a credit card and/or paypal establishes real identity and keeps handling hassles down to zero.

above would fund costs of running this site, which is not free. have listed very few guns for sale on OSA, but almost every gun listed has sold. easily justifying a low $20 costs to post with just one sale.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be willing to pay a small ($25-50) fee for membership to a members only Classified section. That way the moderator of the section could set rules for membership besides the fee. Just a thought...

mach1soldier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am down for whatever but I'm the new guy. Haven't been in a selling mood lately. I don't think you should limit "seeing" the classifieds though unless members only want to sell to members. Alot of sales I bet are to lower post count people who browse the classifieds. Selling is a service for members but allowing new people to see the ad increases the likelihood of sales happening.

You will get a lot less technical content from newbies who just want to sell but it will prevent the fly by night people just looking for a new customer base.

Latest posts

Top Bottom