Quality Air Compressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got the Kobalt one from Lowes, my dad has the Husky one from Home Depot. Both are great. 60 gallon tank and around 5hp motor. As far as impacts, my CH has been superb. Actually out performed most of the Snap-ons that my coworkers had, and I got it cheap at Walmart.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I were 23 and moving into my own house, I'd get a good one that would last for many, many years. Get one that is more than you think you need, because some day you'll need it.

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and compare. You can often get one with 1 or more nail guns or other tools thrown in.

Most compressors will show, on the box, what tools they are capable of handling.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
most certainly looking for air capacity. the more of it you have the more you can do in one setting, this goes for filling tires and any pneumatic tool that spins. they are the worst. die grinders and such eat soooooo much air that they require larger tanks. but if you are fine with letting it recharge and being certain you get full torque on the lugs, thats your call.

i know like phneumatic hammers and nailers are more efficeint.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i just bought a single stage 60 gallon upright PUMA from atwoods for 399. By the time you get it plumbed and wired into the wall youll have 425 bucks in it.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the tank size is not what give you CFM and can power the tools that consume lots of air. CFM comes from the pump. Most low priced 60 and 80 gal compressors have low to mid teens CFM. Once you start getting up in to the $1500-$2500 range the CFM goes up into the 20's. Not to mention most construction service and oiler trucks have IC engines powering their compressors and generally their thanks are approx 30 gallons. I would look at CFM then hp of motor and tank size last.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://aldi.us/us/html/offers/2827_14530_ENU_HTML.htm Heres a link to mine, but it didnt come with anything but the compressor.

My mom got me one for xmas a few years ago from ALDI (the wierdo grocery store) for I think right around $50. Its cheap and small but works good for tires and impact every now and then. It does run alot, but I really dont use it for more than a couple mins so it works fine for me. I think the brand is king craft or something similar. So if you want cheapfor now, check it out. I'll get a bigger better one later on down the road when I have more air tools and more of a need for it.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stand behind my craftsman. I bought it and a few other tools almost 4 years ago and have used them heavily with no issue. Like a genius I just let my in home/shop warranty expire on it but if it dies anytime soon I'd be surprised.

This air compressor has been used to run paint guns, impacts, air ratchets, air hammers and plenty more.

I would link but can't find the model...mine is oil less and the "quiet" model. I have used a ton of various compressors and never had an issue with any of them. I do have 2 I need to fix though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom