Quality vs. Quantity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quality or Quantity

• Quality

Votes: 80 40.6%
  • Quantity

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Little bit of both

Votes: 110 55.8%

• Total voters

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If one were in a house with two guns laying on the kitchen table, one being a Kimber/wilson, and the other being a hipoint, and bubba was coming in the door, which gun would you grab first?

If I'm in the house I'm already armed with a 9mm Beretta. It will be in my hand and emptied before I spend time examining the kitchen table.
I've never owned a hi-point but I've shot a friends. It is a little heavy, a lot ugly, and completely functional.

I'd have no hesitation to use one to defend myself.

I have no opinion regarding the kimber or wilson because I have no first hand experience with either.

I am enough of a gun snob that I've never wanted to buy a hi-point pistol.
On the other hand I am often tempted to buy a hi-point carbine.

If I had no other choice than the guns on the table, I'd take the hi-point. I know to a certainty how to make it go bang.

Mike_in_Ok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a NEF Pardner Pump, $200 copy of an 870, goes bang everytime. Also have Glocks, Rugers & Kahr. If its reliable then its good for me. I do own a Hi Point too. Ugly as hell, not one single malfunction yet.

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted quality as my experience has been that you 'buy once, cry once. Buy cheap and you cry every time you have to fix/replace something'. Now having said that, I do believe there is very good quality at different price points.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm. I never thought about what camp im in.I started off buying out of necessity and within a tight budget. Now I've moved on to buying as quality a piece as I can for me and my families personal protection. I walked a line between quality and affordability for my wife's gun. And I spent a little more for a few quality rifles for the piece of mind.

Truth is I still enjoy shooting my "cheap" Sigma 9.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cheap doesn't necessarily mean low quality, expensive doesn't always mean more reliable than cheap. Two worst pistols I've ever owned. Standard Arms 9mm (think I got the name right) wouldn't cycle for **** $100 used, CZ P07 Duty within 50 rds it would light strike at least half of the primers and had to pry the magazines out of if with a screwdriver cost $450ish new.

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Truth is I still enjoy shooting my "cheap" Sigma 9.

+1, I hear ya. Love my Sigma!

Funny story....was at Banner range in early December and had a guy next to me actually snicker when I pulled it out(my Sigma 9mm) to shoot. Finished both magazines and put away. Pulled out my Kimber Pro Carry 2 and asked him if he thought this was better. He raised his eyebrows and said NOTHING (if you were the person in question, you now have the opportunity to respond?).

Latest posts

Top Bottom