Question about the post office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Their delivery problems are legendary. Stuff that jokes are made of. I remember the endless humor about it on "Cheers", and Cliff Claven.

But now, the problems are worse. I ordered some mags from Midway and it took so long getting here that I got a refund. Then the mags appeared. Four weeks after the order was placed.

Covid is part of the problem, sure. But what else is going on? I ask, because I'm expecting something and it's perpetually "..in transit.." From Ohio to here.

Are they short handed? Budget cuts? What?

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Part of the problems that I had with Midway was UPS Mail Innovations. What happens here is that UPS delivers to the Post Office and the PO delivers it to you. The catch is that sometimes the package will be stuck in someplace like Okie City and take several days to make the transfer. To keep this from happening, I'd order some ammo and since the USPS does not handle ammo, it goes with UPS all the way and the delivery time is a lot shorter.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I buy/sell a lot, and nearly always shipped USPS. I never had a problem (or at least any major issues) till DeJoy was brought in. Almost like having someone with millions of dollars invested in the USPS' competitors is a conflict of interest.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I just ordered some reloading dies and a few other items from Midway earlier this week. You guys aren't making me very confident they will arrive next week sometime like they said it would.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just ordered some reloading dies and a few other items from Midway earlier this week. You guys aren't making me very confident they will arrive next week sometime like they said it would.

Even right now most stuff I've been ordering has been on time. Per OSA rules and regulations I'm 100% able to assume that my personal experience is representative of the entire country's experience and therefore the system is flawless and anyone who disagrees is fake news with a liberal agenda of lies.

(But seriously, I would think for the most part you'll be fine).

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I just got a holster delivered from there using the UPS-USPS handoff and it arrived a day or two quicker than the original estimate. The tracking wasn't accurate though-- it just appeared one day while 'in transit'.

Hard to imagine how this combined shipping method is cheaper - seems pretty inefficient.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to imagine how this combined shipping method is cheaper - seems pretty inefficient.

I've had that same thought, but after thinking on it for a while, I think it's more efficient. UPS gets to make a bunch of deliveries at one location, and the USPS is already driving every neighborhood anyway whether your neighbors have mail or not. Just wish their tracking was better. I often get deliveries of packages in transit too. Tracking almost always hangs up in Kentucky or whatever that Dallas parcel suburb is.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had that same thought, but after thinking on it for a while, I think it's more efficient. UPS gets to make a bunch of deliveries at one location, and the USPS is already driving every neighborhood anyway whether your neighbors have mail or not. Just wish their tracking was better. I often get deliveries of packages in transit too. Tracking almost always hangs up in Kentucky or whatever that Dallas parcel suburb is.

Yeah that's a good point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom