Question about the post office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your Postmaster could and should approve a temporary deviation for the carrier to serve your box. The carrier gets paid additional mileage allowance if they are driving their own vehicle and an extra hour of pay for every 12 miles of deviation from their normal route. It is not up to the carrier just to decide not to deviate.

Well, I was informed otherwise by our Postmaster. She said since the carrier drives his personal vehicle, he can decide to not deliver mail if it is muddy or anything. The funny part is that he drives a 4wd Wrangler and we got an Amazon delivery via USPS on Sunday that was delivered in the normal city type delivery vehicle. So far there is no mail for this week either. I guess we will just have to go to town once or twice a week to pick up our mail.

My wife's Jetta is navigating the road just fine as well, so it is definitely far from undrivable. School bus, FedEx, Amazon, and UPS deliveries are operating as normal as well. Our mail guy is the only one that seems to have any difficulty.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's kind of like our carrier Tami she shlept's it all rain or shine, but on her day off we only get first class or nothing.
The stand in is lazy. I'll have "out for delivery" that doesn't show up til she's back.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Overall, I have nothing to complain about though. We had no real issues until the main road to access our private road started getting worked on.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Well, I was informed otherwise by our Postmaster. She said since the carrier drives his personal vehicle, he can decide to not deliver mail if it is muddy or anything. The funny part is that he drives a 4wd Wrangler and we got an Amazon delivery via USPS on Sunday that was delivered in the normal city type delivery vehicle. So far there is no mail for this week either. I guess we will just have to go to town once or twice a week to pick up our mail.

My wife's Jetta is navigating the road just fine as well, so it is definitely far from undrivable. School bus, FedEx, Amazon, and UPS deliveries are operating as normal as well. Our mail guy is the only one that seems to have any difficulty.
That’s BS. She needs to go personally check whether or not the road is passable. If others get down it the carrier should too.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No surprises here. Probably a 12 oz. package.

IMG_0259[1138].PNG

Latest posts

Top Bottom