Ramage's Rampage - US Submarine Sinks 5 Ships in 37 Minutes - USS Parche

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't listen to the vid, but I liked this off his bio:

"The Captain wishes to emphasize the fact that the Medal of Honor was accepted from the President of the United States as the Nation's tribute to a fighting ship and her courageous crew. He feels that every officer and man whose loyal cooperation and able assistance contributed to the success of the USS Parche has an equal share in this award which he holds in trust for you. With great pride and respect. Sincerely, L. P. Ramage"

I grew up in the midst of these (WW2 Vets) great men. They controlled and guided this great country, and it was a wonderful place to be.

The younger generations of Americans are like children of alcoholic parents in severely dysfunctional families, viz. they think the insanity of their environment is normal.

They'll never know the Greatness that I saw. Greatness because of the Greatest Generation.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad's brother was lost on the USS Bullhead in the Java Sea believed sunk by Jap aircraft, on the same day they dropped the H bomb. Last Sub lost in WW2.
My dad was at the Battle of the Budge when Germany surrendered. Since he was in one of the last units sent in, they were told they would be sent home on 30 day leave and then be shipped out to Japan Theater. They dropped the H bomb while he was on leave and didn't have to go. Wound up finishing his career in 1959 with 32 years of service. We never passed a service man on the road anywhere and sometimes drove miles out of the way to get one back to base, camp or fort. I'm next to the last of 7 kids and we lived a modest life, but as broke as we were, dad always had a buck or two to help one get down the way. His three other brothers also served and all but one returned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom