Rancher in Nevada being harassed by the FEDS and confiscating his cattle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep in mind, it's not the federal government claiming the turtles are the reason, it's Bundy making that claim.
The government claims it's because he hasn't paid grazing fees for 20 years.

Thought I saw the other day that some enviroweenie group sued BLM because they hadn't made him get his cows off the land. If BLM doesn't actually own it, and it hasn't been in a State court the old coger may have a point.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nevada has had emminent domain inflicted so many times its on speed dial.

TOOK....and we want it back....

You know for a fact that this land in question was previously controlled by the State of NV and was then seized by the federal government by eminent domain? The federal government holds title and control over this land and not the state?

We need facts in this case.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm partially sympathetic to Bundy, but the "My family has been grazing this land since XXX" doesn't work for me.

Who owns it. Who has legal authority over it? If it's the State, the people should be lined up in front of the State capitol demanding action.

The people dont need to be in Carson.... we have Gov Sandavol and Sen Heller at war with BLM and they have been for years.... Utah aint on Washingtons Christmas card list either. All 7 states have the same issues and all have been fighting for years.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought I saw the other day that some enviroweenie group sued BLM because they hadn't made him get his cows off the land. If BLM doesn't actually own it, and it hasn't been in a State court the old coger may have a point.
I'm going by this:

In 1993, Bundy said the BLM revoked his grazing rights in order to protect Desert Tortoise habitat

NPS spokeswoman Christie Vanover said that Bundy’s grazing rights were cancelled in 1993, because he stopped paying fees, not, because of the Desert Tortoise. She said that since then Bundy has accumulated over $1 million in cattle grazing and trespass fees he now owes the American government, and thereby the American people.

Read more: KCSG Television - Heated Cattle Debates Spikes The Question Who Really Owns The Land

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know for a fact that this land in question was previously controlled by the State of NV and was then seized by the federal government by eminent domain? The federal government holds title and control over this land and not the state?

We need facts in this case.

I live 3/8 mile from the Washoe Res one way and 1/4 mile from BLM another. I deal with these people for work too.... what ive shared here are the facts.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If Gov Sandoval is serious, why isn't he using all the power within his control to force BLM to cease their activity.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live 3/8 mile from the Washoe Res one way and 1/4 mile from BLM another. I deal with these people for work too.... what ive shared here are the facts.

Do you have any sources? Not flaming and/or attacking, just looking for real facts. You living there is not proof of who owns what land.

You say that the State of Nevada once owned the land and that the federal government used imminent domain to seize it and now holds full title and control. That doesn't jive with anything I've been able to find....

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going by this:

In 1993, Bundy said the BLM revoked his grazing rights in order to protect Desert Tortoise habitat

NPS spokeswoman Christie Vanover said that Bundy’s grazing rights were cancelled in 1993, because he stopped paying fees, not, because of the Desert Tortoise. She said that since then Bundy has accumulated over $1 million in cattle grazing and trespass fees he now owes the American government, and thereby the American people.

Read more: KCSG Television - Heated Cattle Debates Spikes The Question Who Really Owns The Land

That's basically what I heard. But you gotta admit if you are running 2 or 3000 head on xxxx acres and they cut your limit on the same acreage to 500, you are basically out of business at that point. I think that's when he said screw it, I ain't paying. Now if BLM doesn't actually own said land that brings SMS's question into play. Why was BLM charging fees anyway?

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wondering who the hell owns it now too. Just saw Hannity on the tube say that "it's not BLM land" and the way the feds got involved were the turtles which has been pretty much debunked. Not the validity of the court orders mind you, just the pretext that the turtles still need protection has been debunked. I'm wondering if you are right and the county/state did farm out administration to BLM. Is BLM charged with enforcement of the Endangered Species Act? :scratch:
You guys really dont get this.... the turtles are protected. The BLM requires weed free hay. We have to wash trucks to cross BLM land to acess right of ways.

It soundsrediculous.. thank god you dont have to deal with the manic regulations. Id have thought exactly what you do... now I live here.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's basically what I heard. But you gotta admit if you are running 2 or 3000 head on xxxx acres and they cut your limit on the same acreage to 500, you are basically out of business at that point. I think that's when he said screw it, I ain't paying. Now if BLM doesn't actually own said land that brings SMS's question into play. Why was BLM charging fees anyway?

The BLM can charge fees for open range grazing.... they do. So can the US Forest Service and the Corp of Engineers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom