Rancher in Nevada being harassed by the FEDS and confiscating his cattle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, I'm not a federal police officer, I'm an Inspector. I'm also a reserve deputy locally, so I carry two sets of creds. Second, I have a warped sense of humor. If you haven't figured that out by now, then you haven't been paying attention! But, I didn't make a joke about shooting federal police officers. I simply pointed out a vulnerability in considering the use of armored vehicles. It's nearly impossible to make an arrest from inside one. :)

FWIW, my "leadership" is fully aware of my "uniqueness". I used to scare the living bejeezus out of them, but over time they've come to understand that I have my own unique code of conduct and an overly developed sense of justice. I'm not the threat, I'm the one that evaluates potential threats and mitigates vulnerabilities to reduce risk. Again, the people I work with both in and out of the .gov know where I stand. If I were the problem, I wouldn't still be where I am, nor would I have their confidence. :)

That's assuming that an arrest is the primary goal.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I simply pointed out a vulnerability in considering the use of armored vehicles. It's nearly impossible to make an arrest from inside one. :)
Oh, OK that is funny enough to deserve the smiley face ;) at the end of your comment Jerry.

I didn't get it at first because I'm not in law enforcement.
Lots of people on the forum are in law enforcement so they probably understood your joke too.
Probably a few alphabet agencies reading the thread also and I bet they got it as well.

I saw Huckabee on the news saying there is more freedom in N. Korea than at the airport (talking bout the TSA).
Hopefully we don't have any protests like this one at an airport TSA facility.
You would be on both sides.
If push came to shove you might have to shoot yourself Jerry. ;)

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You wanna read a whole bunch of BS? Released March, 2014. Seems that they recommend Gold Butte as a top choice for a solar project even though it is a ACEC (area of critical environmental concern). No wonder old Harry wants Bundy gone. He'll get top dollar for the 1st pick!

Here you go:

BLM Regional Mitigation Strategy for the Dry Lake Solar Energy Zone, Technote 444

Edit to add: They state that the preferred way to construct solar projects is to clear all vegetation and fence them. Sorry for your luck turtles....

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, OK that is funny enough to deserve the smiley face ;) at the end of your comment Jerry.

I didn't get it at first because I'm not in law enforcement.
Lots of people on the forum are in law enforcement so they probably understood your joke too.
Probably a few alphabet agencies reading the thread also and I bet they got it as well.

I saw Huckabee on the news saying there is more freedom in N. Korea than at the airport (talking bout the TSA).
Hopefully we don't have any protests like this one at an airport TSA facility.
You would be on both sides.
If push came to shove you might have to shoot yourself Jerry. ;)

That would really suck, cause I'm a big fan of face shooting. My face is my bread and butter! :hithead:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You wanna read a whole bunch of BS? Released March, 2014. Seems that they recommend Gold Butte as a top choice for a solar project. No wonder old Harry wants Bundy gone. He'll get top dollar for the 1st pick!

Here you go:

BLM Regional Mitigation Strategy for the Dry Lake Solar Energy Zone, Technote 444

Also keep in mind that the new Director of the BLM (Neil Kornze) was just confirmed 4 days ago by the Senate (which is led by Harry Reid).

http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/info/directory.html

His former position prior to BLM? Harry Reid's aide for 8 years.

http://grist.org/news/obama-nominates-blm-leader-neil-kornze-to-lead-the-blm/

Kornze’s boss, Interior Secretary Sally Jewell, had this to say about him: “Neil has helped implement forward-looking reforms at the BLM to promote energy development in areas of minimal conflict, drive landscape-level planning efforts, and dramatically expand the agency’s use of technology to speed up the process for energy permitting.”

More from an Interior Department press release:

Kornze played a key role in developing the Western Solar Plan, which established 17 low-conflict zones for commercial solar energy development and also identified lands appropriate for conservation, and the agency’s approval of 47 solar, wind and geothermal utility-scale projects on public lands, as a leader of the Department’s Renewable Energy Strike Team. When built, these projects [will] add up to more than 13,300 megawatts - enough electricity to power 4.6 million homes and support 19,000 construction and operations jobs. He also has been a leader in reforming BLM’s oil and gas program, including the upcoming launch of a nation-wide online permitting system that could significantly reduce drilling permit processing times, and in the bureau’s efforts to enhance and increase visitors to the diverse system of national conservation lands.

It's all there in plain sight. Right where the left leaning media can easily ignore it. :(

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that the new Director of the BLM (Neil Kornze) was just confirmed 4 days ago by the Senate (which is led by Harry Reid).

http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/info/directory.html

His former position prior to BLM? Harry Reid's aide for 8 years.

http://grist.org/news/obama-nominates-blm-leader-neil-kornze-to-lead-the-blm/

It's all there in plain sight. Right where the left leaning media can easily ignore it. :(

Bwahahaaaa!

But yes, I'm aware of the connections and it puts this comment in a far more stark context. The takeaway I get is that .gov tells Bundy he can't run but 500 cattle on it because it's an ACEC. But by God, they can sure brush hog the plants off of it utterly destroying all the defined environmental parameters and fence it off for some solar panels. Jeeze Louise, what hypocrites!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone else here find themselves in the position of being against what the government is obviously trying to do here and also not supporting what Bundy has done?

Completely.

What a dickhead response. You must be proud.

FWIW, I've been pretty rough on him in the past. Tit for tat and whatnot. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom