RCBS Shoutout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was pulling apart some 500 A-Square rounds the other day with my RCBS bullet puller, and managed to break the 500 cal collet. I think what happened is that the round went into the collet a smidge too far, and so the collect clamped on the brass rather than the bullet, and when I back stroked the press it ripped the petals out.

Either way, I kicked an email over to RCBS. It took about 4 days to respond but the email was "Sorry to hear that, we dropped a replacement in the mail to you".

Not the fastest, but overall a pretty tops customer service policy in place over there it seems like. Figured I'd share.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was pulling apart some 500 A-Square rounds the other day with my RCBS bullet puller, and managed to break the 500 cal collet. I think what happened is that the round went into the collet a smidge too far, and so the collect clamped on the brass rather than the bullet, and when I back stroked the press it ripped the petals out.

Either way, I kicked an email over to RCBS. It took about 4 days to respond but the email was "Sorry to hear that, we dropped a replacement in the mail to you".

Not the fastest, but overall a pretty tops customer service policy in place over there it seems like. Figured I'd share.
Is that a .460 Weatherby case necked up to .50?

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bet it's brutal to shoot. I have an A-Square rifle in .416 Remington mag that is a great shooter.
I kind of wish I knew. I picked up a components package for it at Wanenmacher thinking I might take it as a project. But since recently starting 3 different 416 cal projects in Taylor/Rem/416-404Jef I decided to pull the bullets and sell off the components to some folks that were already engaged in active 500A2 projects.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The brass is probably worth a lot. If you don't have the A-square reloading book I suggest get it! It has a lot of info on big bore stuff. I had a .470 Capstick for a while, it was a .416 Remington case blown out to .475.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The brass is probably worth a lot. If you don't have the A-square reloading book I suggest get it! It has a lot of info on big bore stuff. I had a .470 Capstick for a while, it was a .416 Remington case blown out to .475.
I priced the brass fairly low at I think 2.5/per. Then I had dies/reamers and some 600grs of various types that went separately for a fair price. Mainly I just wanted it off my bench when I decided that it was time for it to go --- probably could have gone higher. Like, I've also got some 416 Rigby and other weird bits that I'll eventually sell off when I get motivated to gather the pile together and make a listing for it. Probably on a different forum to be honest since there's not really a whole lot of big bore fellows here from what I've noticed. I could be wrong --- might just be lack of discussion, who knows.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I priced the brass fairly low at I think 2.5/per. Then I had dies/reamers and some 600grs of various types that went separately for a fair price. Mainly I just wanted it off my bench when I decided that it was time for it to go --- probably could have gone higher. Like, I've also got some 416 Rigby and other weird bits that I'll eventually sell off when I get motivated to gather the pile together and make a listing for it. Probably on a different forum to be honest since there's not really a whole lot of big bore fellows here from what I've noticed. I could be wrong --- might just be lack of discussion, who knows.
Hopefully somebody will appreciate it, that stuff is hard to find. I do have a friend that shoots a Rigby. He's going to Africa in July but he's taking a .416 Weatherby.

Latest posts

Top Bottom