REAL. lion pic in harrah oklahoma.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beats the hell out of me. I've heard of people that lived in New Mexico and Colorado where mountain lions were pretty numerous and some of these people say they have never seen one for themselves. Now, you have seen them almost every day in California! Pick any prunes while you were in California?

I elk hunt in NM. This will be my third year. I love to wander through the meadows that are covered in snow, and look for tracks. Last year, I was looking at some mule deer tracks when I noticed mountain lion tracks. Two of them. One on each side of the mule deer track.

When talking to the land owners, one being 80 years old, and living on the property all of his life, he said he had never personally seen a mountain lion. The hired hand said he had see one only one time. There are enough mountain lions in that part of NM that there is a hunting season on them. I feel very fortunate to have seen a track.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I moved here from California a while back. I used to see mountain lions almost every day where I lived. Encountered close ups with them several times on my hiking trails. There is no doubt in my mind - 1000% thats a mountain lion. I would bet a year's salary on it.

Not sure if serious or not, but as someone who grew up having a best friend that actually had a pet mountain lion, I would like to take you up on that bet.

Not only that, but I have a ZooFriends membership and the Oklahoma Trails exhibit is one of my favorites. It has both at least one mountain lion and at least one bobcat and this pus$y's a bobcat.

goosedestroyer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That pic. looks like it is Bobcat. I have seen a picture of real Mountain Lion from my friend's private land nearby Rolls, OK. It was 2 weeks ago. Not sure if my friend will let me post it on here without his permission. Also I have seen Mountain Lion tracks, about 100 yards long track, in Kenton, OK when I took my wife for her drawn Antelope hunting a few years ago. It was big as my hand size and told the landowner about it. The landowner told us and show a picture that his son shot a big Mountain Lion a year before we went there and I think he said it weight 155 Lbs if I remember correctly.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This pic made the ole' hometown's FB page:

s7.postimage.org_ckya1odzv_kitty.jpg

Some people struggle to cope with these sightings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom