REAL. lion pic in harrah oklahoma.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've had my hands on dozens of bobcats over the last thirty years, both trapped and called, that's not counting the ones I've seen while hunting/scouting. The body shape, the defining white line of the belly fur, the tail curl, ear size and location in comparison to its head, and.........its got spots, it's all there, all distinguishing factors that separate a bobcat from a moutain lion.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out these blurry pictures of a MOUNTAIN BOBCAT COUGAR PANTHER I snapped with my crappy cell phone from stand one day.

2010-10-29%252017.33.31.jpg

2010-10-29%252017.33.03.jpg

ZOOM IN

2010-10-29%252017.33.11.jpg

ENHANCE

a.abcnews.com_images_US_gty_mountain_lion_ll_120702_wg.jpg

For anyone who wonders why the ODWC laughs off 99% of mountain lion talk, I give you this thread.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a shame the photo isn't better. Like most internet forums, the majority of people on here are spouting off to spout off and don't have a clue about what they are talking about. I think most do it because they think they are being cute. I've seen many mountain lions in Colorado, (killed a couple) and a very few in Oklahoma and Texas and while the big males are huge, the younger smaller females certainly are not. I've also seen many bobcats growing up in SE Oklahoma. If the photo were better someone could be certain of their statements. Having seen lots of each I could not say for sure what that is. Nor could anyone else. Lot's of trash talk here.

I lean towards a Bobcat, but that doesn't make it so.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I will be honest and say that seeing it now in context with the box makes me second guess myself. Wish I would have seen that one first. Size is really the determining factor. They really are huge creatures.

No prob!! I do find it interesting, that every potential moutain lion pic, looks like it was taken with a polaroid while watching Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom on an early 1970's tv. Poor color and clarity.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The picture could be a black silhouette on a white background and it would still be easily identifiable.

I could identify a whitetail deer, a mule deer, and an elk based on silhouette sketches, too. Am I being cute? Being cockily right is the only way to counter someone who is so cockily wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom