Rebuilt automobile title

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't be afraid if the car drives and handles well. My 2003 Chevy has a rebuilt title. It was stolen in California and recovered. It has a replacement hood and fender. Bank loaned 10k on as collateral for a business loan recently. I bought it for 4 grand, could sell it for double that easy.

mchj74

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just ask what color is the title its been a while since I had one colors should go as followed.

Green = clean title
orange = rebuilt title
red = salvage only not rebuildable

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I tagged my '03, it had a salvage title from Cali, when the new OK title showed up, it was a green rebuilt title. Some people will be scared off from buying a rebuilt, but many won't.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought and sold an 84 Dodge Charger back in the late 80's with a salvage title. Bought it in 86 at some ridiculously low price for a 2 year old car, drove it for 2 years and sold it for real close to what I paid. Can't remember the exact numbers but remember it was one of the best car buying/selling deals of my life.

It took a little while to sell, just had to wait for the right guy to come along that didn't care about the title. I remember he financed it through his credit union and was able to get 100% financing. If the price is right and you can trust the rebuilder I wouldn't hesitate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom