RIA vs SA 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyJuice

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
debating on getting a RIA tactical or a Springfield Range Officer - difference is around $2-300. love springfield however i have heard great things about the ria 1911's tacticals. any suggestions/opinions on choosing between the two?

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If money is not a problem, then I think I would get the RO. I can tell you from a guy who has owned everything from Baer, Yost down to Rock Island Tactical that the Tactical is one FINE weapon. Outstanding accuracy, with the proper mags will eat anything. The factory mag that came with mine was junk, FTF on the 3rd round. Put a Wilson 47D and could not get it to malfunction in any sort of way. The Springfield however looks nicer.

BobbyJuice

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thanks for the info/opinions guys. right now im leaning towards an RIA and putting the difference towards the xds. however the range officer is just better looking.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if you love the Springfield RO bc of the way it looks and you are trying to use logic to point you towards the RIA then I would say get the gun that you REALLY want.

If you really wanted the RO and end up getting swayed towards the RIA then you will probably end up getting the RO sometime down the road anyways.lol Get the gun your heart wants and just move on. The RIA is still a great gun though.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look into the RIA Match, it has a lot more care put into it since it is hand fitted in the custom shop, everyone at the range that asked about it kept commenting how great it looked and felt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom