Rice Bran at AtWoods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DO NOT try and put it in a normal spreader type feeder. It's pretty much just a powder so if/when it gets wet it will just clog everything up.
A PVC feeder of something like that will work but it's normally just best to pour the whole bag in a big pile. After they eat it all they will dig up the dirt where it soaked into the ground. It's like cocain for deer...

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I saw that rice bran at Atwoods, but I'm unfamiliar with it. Does it just go in a normal feeder, do you mix it with corn or anything else, just put it on the ground.....?

if you can afford it works best with this kind of feeder,i just mix it with corn,oats,protien feed then pour it in a shallow plastic tube like you get at wal-mart but if rains on it then its messed up,did'nt have worry about that happening much lol View attachment bigaz feeder.jpgView attachment little bigaz feeder.jpg

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
DO NOT try and put it in a normal spreader type feeder. It's pretty much just a powder so if/when it gets wet it will just clog everything up.
A PVC feeder of something like that will work but it's normally just best to pour the whole bag in a big pile. After they eat it all they will dig up the dirt where it soaked into the ground. It's like cocain for deer...

for some reason they would'nt touch the stuff last year where we were hunting but they would'nt eat corn either,there was just way to many acrons,

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has actually gone up about a dollar a bag since last month at Atwoods as well. It was 9.99 for 50#. I actually talked to the one of the mills that they are contracting it out of. I believe they are picking it up from two different mills. I tried to work out a deal this season to pick some up from the them direct. It is way way cheaper to buy it from them direct, I just couldn't find a good enough reason to buy a lot of it after the reg changes this year. I have very little private ground to dump it on, so I let the idea go.

The mill said that they would sell it at $250/ton and would bag it as well. Only catch was that I had to buy at least 11 tons. Maybe next season I will start a bulk bran thread here on OAS and see if I can get enough interest in that much to haul 2 or 3 trucks and trailers out there to pick it up. I looked in to a semi transporting it and that was going to be a lot more than I wanted to pay.

Before reg changes, I would run it in front of the trail camera before season to get a good idea of what was trolling the woods in that area. It is without a doubt the "crack" of the deer world. I believe that it makes up about 85% of C'mere Deer.

There is a more refined version of this that is favored in the horse world and it is far more expensive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom