Rifle training pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with officers being heavily armed. I prefer it to them being under armed. I just think most of the rifles aren't exactly necessary, but I understand you wanting one. If my boss would let me carry a rifle in the work truck I would. Sadly he doesn't.

Well since you and Arenathlete seem to have the same point of view, maybe you can give your reasoning behind it....

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well since you and Arenathlete seem to have the same point of view, maybe you can give your reasoning behind it....

We have given our reasoning. I will cover it again for you.

The rifles are fine. I just don't want to buy one for every officer on the street. In my opinion a few rifles for a city the size of B.A. is sufficient. I would be happy to pay for those rifles with my tax dollars, but I don't think they all need them, and I don't want to pay for all those rifles. If the officers want them and pay for them themselves I am all for it. I base my opinion on the fact that almost no officers ever fire a carbine in the line of duty. Very few statistically even fire their pistol. I would support more pistol training paid for by taxpayers. I feel that is where the need is and that type of training would be more useful. This is just my 2 cents and I expect many of you will disagree with me.

arenathlete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take off your tin foil hat and your "everyone is an Obama nut swinging" goggles and thing logically. :slap:

LOL! That made me laugh; I've taken all extra scrap metal to Borg and bought ammo!

I realize that I've got a lot of your panties in a twist, that's not my original intent(but its funny); just because no one ever brings this type of issue up doesn't invalidate my point: A cop needing/using an ar-15 is unlikely and in case SHTF: you've got a ROVER!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have given our reasoning. I will cover it again for you.

The rifles are fine. I just don't want to buy one for every officer on the street. In my opinion a few rifles for a city the size of B.A. is sufficient. I would be happy to pay for those rifles with my tax dollars, but I don't think they all need them, and I don't want to pay for all those rifles. If the officers want them and pay for them themselves I am all for it. I base my opinion on the fact that almost no officers ever fire a carbine in the line of duty. Very few statistically even fire their pistol. I would support more pistol training paid for by taxpayers. I feel that is where the need is and that type of training would be more useful. This is just my 2 cents and I expect many of you will disagree with me.

I am the exact opposite the rifle is easier to use more accurate and far more effective at making a bad guy stop what he is doing, I want to see every officer with a rifle in their unit and with proper training. I hope like hell that if an active shooter call ever goes out at my son's school that every officer from the first to the last that hits the scene unasses their unit with a carbine in hand.

Take a good rifle class sometime man it was an eye opener and I'm not even in law enforcement.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am the exact opposite the rifle is easier to use more accurate and far more effective at making a bad guy stop what he is doing, I want to see every officer with a rifle in their unit and with proper training. I hope like hell that if an activity shooter call ever goes out at my son's school that every officer from the first to the last that hits the scene unasses their unit with a carbine in hand.

Take a good rifle class sometime man it was an eye opener and I'm not even in law enforcement.

We don't need rifles, since SHTF situations never happen. School shootings don't happen remember :P

BTW, PM sent ;)

Nonsensitive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL! That made me laugh; I've taken all extra scrap metal to Borg and bought ammo!

I realize that I've got a lot of your panties in a twist, that's not my original intent(but its funny); just because no one ever brings this type of issue up doesn't invalidate my point: A cop needing/using an ar-15 is unlikely and in case SHTF: you've got a ROVER!

Hey! You've not gotten anyone's panties in a wad. Those that disagree with you don't wear panties like you and TWSS.
If either one of you had to put up with what LE's did you would P your little pink panties.

What everyone is attempting to respond to is your ridiculous logic. You guys contradict yourselves. In your philosophies and your statements. Unbelieveable!
In the same sentence you say your not against LE's having rifles, then reverse and say in the same sentence or paragraph they don't need them because these SHTF situations don't happen everyday. You can't have things both ways like each of you put it. Do you shoot someone in self-defense once a week? WHAT? NO!
Then by your ridiculous logic, YOU should not have a gun of any kind. NO. You don't NEED a gun for sport or hunting. We've been talking Life or Death situations for guns.
Not sport. Let's be fair. Law Enforcement does not carry them for sport or hunting. Or, to look COOL like one of you put it.

Law Enforcement, does not shoot , tase , baton , or pepperspray every idiot dirtbag that deserves it. Not only do Officers not FIRE rifles at suspects 10 times a day like you *%&#@*! allege to be necessary to justify having them. They do not use the other tools available to them as well. So why not say LEO's don't need handguns, or anything else?

Hey. Check out this story http://connect.lawofficer.com/forum/topics/arkansas-officers-killed-1

This is a current, tragic, real SHTF story. Please try to take this recent, true story, about 2 Officers shot and killed, 2 other Officers wounded, and give a rational explanation why every responding officer should not have a rifle. Give us your philosophy.

As far as I can see.. Your points (as you call them) are NOT VALID... They make no sense..You have made NO POINT. You have made STATEMENTS that are neither rational or reasonable. It's beginng to look like that is your sole intent.
Please. I'm open. You have the oportunity to convince me and a few others you have 'valid" points. That I am wrong. This story is a perfect example.
Let's see your evaluation of this story.........

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey! You've not gotten anyone's panties in a wad. Those that disagree with you don't wear panties like you and TWSS.
If either one of you had to put up with what LE's did you would P your little pink panties.

What everyone is attempting to respond to is your ridiculous logic. You guys contradict yourselves. In your philosophies and your statements. Unbelieveable!
In the same sentence you say your not against LE's having rifles, then reverse and say in the same sentence or paragraph they don't need them because these SHTF situations don't happen everyday. You can't have things both ways like each of you put it. Do you shoot someone in self-defense once a week? WHAT? NO!
Then by your ridiculous logic, YOU should not have a gun of any kind. NO. You don't NEED a gun for sport or hunting. We've been talking Life or Death situations for guns.
Not sport. Let's be fair. Law Enforcement does not carry them for sport or hunting. Or, to look COOL like one of you put it.

Law Enforcement, does not shoot , tase , baton , or pepperspray every idiot dirtbag that deserves it. Not only do Officers not FIRE rifles at suspects 10 times a day like you *%&#@*! allege to be necessary to justify having them. They do not use the other tools available to them as well. So why not say LEO's don't need handguns, or anything else?

Hey. Check out this story http://connect.lawofficer.com/forum/topics/arkansas-officers-killed-1

This is a current, tragic, real SHTF story. Please try to take this recent, true story, about 2 Officers shot and killed, 2 other Officers wounded, and give a rational explanation why every responding officer should not have a rifle. Give us your philosophy.

As far as I can see.. Your points (as you call them) are NOT VALID... They make no sense..You have made NO POINT. You have made STATEMENTS that are neither rational or reasonable. It's beginng to look like that is your sole intent.
Please. I'm open. You have the oportunity to convince me and a few others you have 'valid" points. That I am wrong. This story is a perfect example.
Let's see your evaluation of this story.........

I don't appreciate your tone. The sass is unecesarry. If I do or do not wear panties it is none of your concern.

Latest posts

Top Bottom