Rifle training pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

progun40

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those who :heart: training
ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x188_progun40_IMG_0684.jpg

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x188_progun40_IMG_0686.jpg

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x188_progun40_IMG_0685.jpg

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x188_progun40_IMG_0673.jpg

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x188_progun40_therifleman.jpg

CamaroMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, far-reaching scenarios that have such a low statistical occurrence, yet they keep being brought up as common-place situations.

I said nothing about being common or statistics, but as a matter of fact it probably is a .0001%> occurrence. But thats because most traffic stops and arrests end peacefully or happen quickly in the city where they are close range and dont have time to reach for their AR anyway if something happened. What about that .0001%? What are the Police supposed to do then? Would that .0001% number rise if criminals knew cops couldn't or wouldn't carry rifles? Probably. Its really not that big of a deal, so what cops carry rifles more power to them.

Hypothetical situation here. You become Governor and pass a law saying Police officers are only allowed to carry basic pistols and shotguns. Then you are taken hostage and driven to a big house in the country where the hostage takers say give me 1 million dollars and let my friend Billy Bob out of jail or I'm gonna kill a hostage every 30 minutes. You are the only hostage and your 3 captors are equipped with high power rifles and loaded down with extra mags. You know SWAT is at least 45 minutes out, how would you feel then?

See I knew LEOs carrying rifles was nothing new.

Nonsensitive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
EXAMPLE: This has become one of those .000001% SHTF scenarios. Who would have thought these points would even need to be debated?
But! Here we are. The SWAT TEAM however, in this case was not called out. It has been handled very well by a street beat officer fresh out of Rifle School.

"Don't bring a knife to a gun fight"
If it has to be explained - you wouldn't understand.

Some people will never get it. :anyone:

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know you're not supposed to stand in front of the microwave while it's on right?

You are talking in circles. You did in fact state SWAT cops can have ARs but street cops shouldn't. Then you again stated that street cops should have less firepower available to them but yet you felt the need to upgrade to an even heavier caliber. You also stated you look to the future but want examples of the past. So I will ask again since you missed it the first time... What are your qualifications that you think qualifies you to make equipment choices and training suggestions for police officers? I assume you are highly trained and experienced yourself since it is acceptable for you to be armed with a 308 rifle while street cops can only have pistols.

Nonsensitive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people watch way too much TV. Especially re-runs of Andy Griffith.
I don't think he carried a gun did he? Andy? They guy who did, Barney, was made out to be a fool. Not sure. I hated the show even when I was a kid. I agree. That goober Barney should never have a rifle, much less a pistol. I wonder what Mayberry's crime stats were? You know, come to think of it, why did Mayberry even have a Police Department?
I don't think they should have. Not too many Mayberrys around these days. You know, just like Barney, I wonder if there are any individuals who are not in LE that shouldn't have guns? Makes you wonder?
Ever watch the news or read the paper? Some people play too many video games too! When they're not watching TV :teach:

Patch

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously, I think that he is out of his league, shouldn't be talking about what he doesn't understand, he isn't a cop....

"...once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that **** go straight out the window"

-Hoot from the movie Blackhawk Down

Let's get back to the original thread....TRAINING

arenathlete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm more for training for everything, and only having to use some, then training for some and wishing I had trained for everything
I agree with training, essential to most any profession.

1. We were dispatched to a domestic violence call in the Southern end of the county. Suspect was heavily armed with SKS and hunting rifles. Shots had been fired by suspect at victim. Suspect is a known survivalist. Suspect went into hiding in the woods and had threatened a shootout if LE did not leave the area. Perimeter was setup approximately 1 sq mile area that was heavily wooded in center, but large open field areas on border of perimeter. Rifle is/was better choice of tool to use.

2. Dispatched to a manhunt. Suspect was armed with long rifle in marijuana field surrounded by heavily wooded area. Suspect was mexican national who had threatened shootout. Perimeter ~1 sq mile, same situation with open areas around woods. Again, rifle is most adequate tool to use.

That good enough for you?
Did anyone shoot their carbine? Since probably not, then you're proving my point.

So you're giving Eli grief about his rig being "overboard" but yet you're arming yourself in case zombies attack you??
It's un-American not to.

These situations might happen every once in a while, but they DO happen. What difference does it make how often it happens? The US Military has plans in case foreign powers start lobbing missiles our way, now according to your principle they should just shut down the defense systems and forget it because they are such a low statistical occurrence...right?
Ask your boy Obama, he seems to be on this nuclear track.

Would that .0001% number rise if criminals knew cops couldn't or wouldn't carry rifles? Probably.

Hypothetical situation here. You become Governor and pass a law saying Police officers are only allowed to carry basic pistols and shotguns. Then you are taken hostage and driven to a big house in the country where the hostage takers say give me 1 million dollars and let my friend Billy Bob out of jail or I'm gonna kill a hostage every 30 minutes. You are the only hostage and your 3 captors are equipped with high power rifles and loaded down with extra mags. You know SWAT is at least 45 minutes out, how would you feel then?
Crimanals don't care what the police carry, they see the police as an enemy, period. That is the most asnine situation you could conjure up! Is this what law enforcement is sitting around in meetings dreaming up?

What are your qualifications
I'm a taxpayer, enough said.

he isn't a cop....
Cousin Sean to Fitzy in "The Departed"

Man, debating cops is like debating liberals.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know you're not supposed to stand in front of the microwave while it's on right?

You are talking in circles. You did in fact state SWAT cops can have ARs but street cops shouldn't. Then you again stated that street cops should have less firepower available to them but yet you felt the need to upgrade to an even heavier caliber. You also stated you look to the future but want examples of the past. So I will ask again since you missed it the first time... What are your qualifications that you think qualifies you to make equipment choices and training suggestions for police officers? I assume you are highly trained and experienced yourself since it is acceptable for you to be armed with a 308 rifle while street cops can only have pistols.

Train, Train and train some more. Oh crap wait I'm not a cop what am I doing I can carry .308 and be superior to law enforcement on the moral high ground...:pms2:

Guys keep up the good work I have had exactly 1 2 day rifle class at TDSA and I think we should all have a cruiser ready rifle in a vehicle at the ready, LEO's and civilians.

Cool factor is also a good reason to have them, nothing wrong with appeasing the cool factor.

Oh man yeah I forgot that one thats's a great reason!

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More of the same backwards logic. Cops are tax payers too so I guess that makes us equally qualified to carry ARs since that's what qualifies you. I think you've had your tinfoil hat on so long it's starting to cutoff the blood flow to your brain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom