Rifle training pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the read I needed a good laugh this morning. Thanks for getting the thread back on topic progun. That kind of nonsense doesn't even warrant a reply.

CamaroMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the whole cops packing rifle's trend started after the body armor bank robbers in California who sustained 20 plus hits from handguns and shotguns.

More good pics.

I thought cops had been packing rifles since the wild west and never really stopped?

I know of the incident your referring to though and yeah that probably contributed to the rise of rifles in patrol cars everywhere but I dont think Police long guns started there.

I dont agree with arenathlete, SWAT takes time and if the Police are already there they should have the M4 ready for longer range engagements. If all they had were handguns the bad guys could pick them off from a distance and get gone before anybody knew what happened. Just my 2cents, not that my opinion matters much.

Cool pictures BTW I think I might get me one of those AFGs.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't want to see this thread get hijacked but I made an obsevation and wanted to ask this question... Areanathlete, you state only SWAT cops should have ARs, if that is your belief then why do you (or did) own one?

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, I'm not even going to get started. Lemme see if I can find some more pictures to upload :)

Well since you're being the good little soldier, I'll be the bad soldier and address the issue :)

I'm all for a lean, keen and armed police force that trains and continues to train with proper equipment, why you need a m-4/ar-15 remains a mystery to me???

Why would LE not need M4/AR15s? You do realize that a handgun/shotgun is not always the best option for situations. You do realize that not every department is fortunate enough to have a SWAT team, therefore they must fill in and address issues as they arise, right? I work in an area that covers ~2250sq miles, and my nearest backup is usually 30-45 minutes away. The people that inhabit this area are in all reality, your basic gun toting rednecks (no offense intended, just the truth). These guys that we encounter usually have more firepower than we do, so why would you not want to give us another tool in our toolbox??

If ya'll were serious about using them then that c*cksucker that killed the two deputies last year wouldn't never been able to peacefully surrender! All the news ran that day was police jumping outta vehicles with carbines!

Let's see, the ultimate goal of every LE encounter is to have the problem resolved with the minimal amount of force needed. Why would you risk peoples lives with a huge dynamic entry and shootout when you can negotiate with the person and have them walk out on their own? Not every situation calls for "aww hell just shoot his ass..." ESPECIALLY when there are unknowns involved, IE, don't know who else is in house..

What do we have SWAT for if every blue/black/brown shirt is now qualified/carries a carbine? Every tenth one could be designated rifleman status! Now all you need is a Bradley with a 50cal.

NOT EVERY DEPARTMENT HAS THIS LUXURY, so regular LE must train/equip themselves to address the issues that arise.

I don't believe the police need to be militarized, the people need to be rearmed and shoulder some responsibility that the police have had to take over because of American's soft/lazy/coward attitudes.

I don't disagree, but until this happens, why not have LE that is trained/equipped to handle these situations?? Kinda seems like common sense.

It really blows my mind that someone who is part of a gun forum is saying that Police need LESS firepower....... I'll be right back, I'm gonna go bang my head into a wall for a few minutes until this makes more sense....

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well since you're being the good little soldier, I'll be the bad soldier and address the issue :)

Like I told you, I'm a nice guy :P

In all reality, if I could, I'd be carrying around more firepower. Even carrying my AR15, I'm still usually underpowered. Like Penis said, we work in a county that measures 2300 sq. miles, most people we encounter will have bolt rifles with scopes with larger calibers and know the terrain MUCH better then we do. Any call we go to, we are entering THEIR domain and they will almost always have the advantage over us. Why only allow Officers to carry handguns and shotguns when rifles are available? Why not allow Officers to carry "military" style gear in case SHTF? Just so you know, what I was wearing was no where near military. That is just a 60 dollar Blackhawk 8 AR mag, 2 pistol mag chest vest, something I can easily put over my uniform in case SHTF.

To answer your question about the Seminole SO's that lost their lives last year, if you know the Co. and know the manpower they have, well they don't have much. I don't want to say they don't have an SRT, but with what I've heard, I doubt they have their own and probably use Lighthorse SRT for special situations. That situation in question didn't raise flags for a SRT teams to get all tact'ed out, come in and take the guy. We have policies and procedures to everything, but I'm sure if we could, we would have an SRT for every search/arrest warrant. Most departments just do NOT have the funds or people available to provide themselves or other departments with what they need. It's a shame that 2 young Deputies lost their lives over that POS scroatbag, but don't cha think if MAYBE they had AR's available and rifle and maybe search warrant training, that they'd still be alive? So why question LEO's about training when you answered it yourself, we obviously need it to survive.

Also, to answer your question, the reason you saw all the officers carrying AR's during the manhunt, if I remember correctly, most of them were OHP (who provide their troop with AR's), and larger departments who came down to assist. I'm sure there are Seminole Co. Sheriff personell who have AR's, but with a department their size, they probably have to provide their own rifles, like myself.

Now let me ask you a question, if you were an LEO, wouldn't you want gear and training available to you? Gear and training that you may not have to use but would like it readily available to you if you needed it? Wouldn't you want to survive a SHTF situation and come home to your wife, kids, mom, dad, uncle, aunt, sister, brother, grandma, grandpa and friends everyday? If you didn't then disregard everything I just said.........

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew I could get you to open your mouth about it!

hahahaahahahjhjdawjkwadkjadhkalkjsjlkdsfjkldssdflkjsdfjklbljkdbav

That still scared the crap outta me when I saw you yesterday..hah

LOL, I thought I was going to get rattled on again. Was kinda hoping for an unfounded paid admin leave vacation again :naughty:

Latest posts

Top Bottom