Riots and Looting...the best way to get "Justice"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh look, more rioting and looting.

But, but... This wasn't supposed to happen because the state police were being nice, and the new guy in charge is black...

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Another-night-of-protests-violence-in-Ferguson-271489771.html

At least there were apparently some people in the crowd trying to calm things down.

If the police were already there in riot gear why wouldn't they try stopping the looting (legitimate question, not trying to start stuff)? Trying to maintain a "different feel"? It would seem that had already failed if the looting was back up again. I would think that the affected shop owners would be highly displeased by this.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/16/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html?c=homepage-t&page=2

"Looters ran out of shops with boxes stacked in their arms up to their chins. Behind them lay overturned shelves, spilled goods and wrecked displays. All the while, police stayed back by their armored vehicles and observed but did not stop them."

Im going to ask the obvious.....if the situation is as the media describes...why does LE stand down while watching crimes being committed? Or is stealing and destruction of property to small of an act to mess with?

I get it. Police intervention might escalate tension....but isn't their job to stop criminals who are caught in the act? What is right is not always easy.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This isnt a mensa test people. Wood shampoos for those stealing, destroying property, or hurting people. Let the rest protest, scream and shout. If they join in the former, they get the stick.
However, sticking a sniper in plain view on top of an armored vehicle glassing the crowd with a weapon is a no go.
Pointing weapons at people with their hands up and obviously not an imminent threat is a no go.
Shooting tear gas, OC, and less than lethal rounds at protesters is a no go.
And for Christ sake, let the media do their job unmolested by the authorities.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I owned that store I'd be talking to someone about the state policy's liability. (Probably none)

Moneybags, I agree with everything but the less lethal stuff. If the "protesters" are chucking rocks, bottles and molotov cocktails they are no longer protesters. Less lethal is appropriate in that situation. But it must stop when they stop chucking stuff at you.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually can't believe this mess has gone on so long, but I guess if you don't have a job or anything pressing to do why not protest and trash your neighborhood.:anyone:

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When they start chucking bricks and rocks they arent protesters to me foghorn. They get the stick.
It seems they have tried the two options which are pretty much in direct conflict with each other and had equal chances of controlling the situation; hands on every one and hands off everyone. The solution; it seems, as usual, is somewhere in the middle.

My comments here are in response to this situation only, and should not be misconstrued as a blanket statement for other incidents.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BvKGM1bCQAErZbh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom