Riots and Looting...the best way to get "Justice"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CNN just said that the 66 member Police Department only has three black officers. I feel like they need to actively recruit more black officers from this troubled area and not put them in patrol cars, but put them on the beat, walking around, talking to the community, establishing a good rapport. Officer Friendly used to be a mantra in some areas. The Bull Connor approach is always counterproductive. The video of the robbery reveals there is more to this story, but there is an underlying resentment toward Law Enforcement that needs to be corrected.

One would think that the existing population would have already had plenty of opportunity to apply for a law enforcement position.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CNN just said that the 66 member Police Department only has three black officers. I feel like they need to actively recruit more black officers from this troubled area and not put them in patrol cars, but put them on the beat, walking around, talking to the community, establishing a good rapport. Officer Friendly used to be a mantra in some areas. The Bull Connor approach is always counterproductive. The video of the robbery reveals there is more to this story, but there is an underlying resentment toward Law Enforcement that needs to be corrected.

I know plenty of people are complaining about the lack of non white officers. I would like to see all the applicants for jobs as police officers for the past few years. I want to know how many non whites applied and how many were at least basically qualified. The problem you run into in certain communities is some are looked upon as traitors for becoming police officers and that puts an extra burden on them.

Beat walking is a thing of the past in most cities. I am willing to bet that if the white officers got out and walked a beat they could build rapport with the citizens they are serving.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the cops in STL will tell you to stay out of North County and East STL. People do not go to the cops because you will be killed by the gangs that run the area for doing so. The 2 places "E STL & N County" have been war zones for years. The MSM is trying hard to paint the story, but the locals are not buying it. I have been talking to my sister every night. None of the people in the protest cared about the killing and crime going on last week. The looters should be erased from the planet. They will probably kill the store owner next, because that is what the thugs in North County do.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Tonite there us a curfew. Things will prolly die down. There will be an investigation. Changes will be recommended. The Officer will be absolved. There will be a lawsuit. The City will settle and pay.

This occurs so often we can predict the outcome. We've heard the rhetoric so many times its comical.....from both sides. Shouldnt have stole, shoulda obeyed, looters should be shot. ...he was innocent, had no reason to kill him, he was justa kid ect. We've heard it time n time again.

How many times has this played out? 4,5,6 Times a year? More??
Why does this seem normal?

Im not a black guy but this situation is so predictable. I can see where there is a problem.

Unarmed black male shot by white Officer, Public Outcry, Citizens protest, internal investigation, maybe judicial review, Officer absolved, PD admits no wrongdoing, City settles out of court, Family gets a little money.

And whats always forgotten is an Officer killed an unarmed man.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anytime "the Natives get restless" we can expect the Police will follow new protocol and respond with MRAPS, quasi military tactics, gas attacks, rubber bullets, control of the media, curfews and lock downs.

Not only is our 2A under attack, Free Press, Freedom of Assembly, and Free Speech is as well. As Been and Reddog1 would say "WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!"

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tonite there us a curfew. Things will prolly die down. There will be an investigation. Changes will be recommended. The Officer will be absolved. There will be a lawsuit. The City will settle and pay.

This occurs so often we can predict the outcome. We've heard the rhetoric so many times its comical.....from both sides. Shouldnt have stole, shoulda obeyed, looters should be shot. ...he was innocent, had no reason to kill him, he was justa kid ect. We've heard it time n time again.

How many times has this played out? 4,5,6 Times a year? More??
Why does this seem normal?

Im not a black guy but this situation is so predictable. I can see where there is a problem.

Unarmed black male shot by white Officer, Public Outcry, Citizens protest, internal investigation, maybe judicial review, Officer absolved, PD admits no wrongdoing, City settles out of court, Family gets a little money.

And whats always forgotten is an Officer killed an unarmed man.

You have evidence that this should be the important part? Please provide it if so...

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anytime "the Natives get restless" we can expect the Police will follow new protocol and respond with MRAPS, quasi military tactics, gas attacks, rubber bullets, control of the media, curfews and lock downs.

Not only is our 2A under attack, Free Press, Freedom of Assembly, and Free Speech is as well. As Been and Reddog1 would say "WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!"

I agree with you, but I also know that anyone that thinks this was a sweet little boy that just wanted to grab a smoke on his way to work has never been in the area.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seen a guy on CNN say that the video was a Character assassination. My question is which character in the video assassinated his character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom