Riots and Looting...the best way to get "Justice"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not trying to defend looters but I'm wondering does your opinion of thieves extend to those in Gov. positions? Are those in Gov. positions who embezzle public funds, falsify time cards, stay home or work another job while collecting a Gov. salary, or sleep on the job thieves? Should they be shot?

Are they committing violent acts while in the commission of these crimes?

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it was the same QT.

One has to wonder if this QT was targeted because they perceived that the robbery report lead to the shooting. Sure sounds like the type of retaliatory attack common in gang infested neighborhoods for those that contact LE. If this is the case, fukc this neighborhood. Certainly black people face some obstacles but getting behind this cause hurts any support they may receive from outside communities.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One has to wonder if this QT was targeted because they perceived that the robbery report lead to the shooting. Sure sounds like the type of retaliatory attack common in gang infested neighborhoods for those that contact LE. If this is the case, fukc this neighborhood. Certainly black people face some obstacles but getting behind this cause hurts any support they may receive from outside communities.

This is what happens when you are a "snitch" in a place where drug dealers and pimps are what the youth want to be.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are they committing violent acts while in the commission of these crimes?

The original statement I was addressing did not include the issue of violence, it referenced thieves should be shot. It also referenced looting but looting is not always violent so since it's my question lets stick to the issue of thievery and his opinion that thieves should be shot and go from there.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a far cry from a mob of angry people smashing up your store, stealing all your inventory and then burning it to the ground, isn't it?

Nobody here is talking about the petty theft of a small piece of property. We're talking about a mob that is rioting and destroying someone's means of support, for themselves and their family. Not an exaggeration.

In this scenario I will reach for my Insurance agents phone number while you are evidently reaching for your (Insert whatever Bada$$ gun you've got here).

Regardless, be prepared because you may just be shooting a kid with a pack of gum during your 'war'.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All the riots, stealing, destruction of property make one wonder-what do we have to give people to cause them to stop acting like common animals? On the other hand, what do we have to take from them for them to act like a normal human being?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think we have already forgotten the QT owner that had his livelihood burned to the ground. Quick question that I have not seen answered anywhere, is the QT that got burned down the same one that our enterprising youth roughed up the clerk and stole some cigars just before his encounter with police?

Just want as full a picture as can be had. Would it not put the whole thing in a different perspective if the QT gets robbed and clerk man handled and police gun down the suspect and the locals riot, loot and burn down the QT that was robbed earlier that day by the very youth that was gunned down?

Yes it was the same QT.

One has to wonder if this QT was targeted because they perceived that the robbery report lead to the shooting.

I;m not by any means defending the rioting and civil commotion, but I will point out that QuikTrip's are all corporate owned and not franchised. While many insurance policies exclude civil unrest like this, I suspect they have a large commercial policy and are very well insured.

Of course that doesn't excuse any of this.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No. That is a factor in question, but not evidence.

No, the standard doesn't require the presence of a weapon on the attacker.

Factors, evidence and standards??? Youve been around, you know how this plays out.

We've all seen this same situation play out a hundred times. Evidence, Standards, circumstances, its always the same. White Cop shoots unarmed black man in black neighborhood. Public protests. Bla bla bla.....

Same scenario, same result, same outcome. Unarmed black man dead.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I think it is more just the epicenter. That was the place of focus. Kinda like Normandy and ????, in LA during those riots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom