Riots and Looting...the best way to get "Justice"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
An unarmed man is most assuredly still a threat to life and limb. I've seen people knocked unconscious with a single punch, and even people killed outright from a single strike from a bare fist. Thus, in nearly any confrontation that becomes physical, I can truthfully verbalize fear for my life. The potential is easily there.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im no fan fan of big Corporations but looting is criminal behavior, as is arson, criminal trespass, B an E ect.

I can see property owners defending their business and property but I doubt the CEO or shareholders show up and defend anything. Theyll rely on the Police to do what the little guy must do himself.

More correctly they rely on insurance to pay out. They also rely on overall profits from other stores not in the area. Both groups rely on the police to protect their property, however the little guy has more to lose.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's kind of a rush to judgement, in my opinion. Some were being destructive, yes, but most were just trying to feed their families.
Tough spot, getting laid off, and the unemployment runs out. No one wants to hire you, 'cause you're overqualified, and then an opportunity like this comes along.

Are you f:@?ing serious? I hope not.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats all we ever say. No excuse for looting, rioting, burning.......its the same old song and dsnce. This is becoming normal behavior when a white cop shoots an unarmed black guy. The rest is also predictable.

What should the citizens do? What should lawmakers do? Whos job is it to fix or adress this before the next shooting?

Or are we doomed to just keep repeating until it hits OKC/Tulsa/Lawton

Maybe we should let all crime be legal for 12 hours each year so people could get it out of their system.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An unarmed man is most assuredly still a threat to life and limb. I've seen people knocked unconscious with a single punch, and even people killed outright from a single strike from a bare fist. Thus, in nearly any confrontation that becomes physical, I can truthfully verbalize fear for my life. The potential is easily there.

Yes, but an individual has somewhat different and more liberal standards for use of deadly force than a peace officer. That's the complicating issue here.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Exactly. I have so much to say about the entire situation that would get me banned that it isn't even funny.

I concur. But its just a discussion. MOF, unless this crap comes to Pink, ill sit it out until im affected.

If that kid wouldnt have robbed a store of some cigars this wouldnt be news. As far as the cop shooting him, we'll never know. I mean there was all kinds of video with Rodney King and some escaped justice. The NY kid that was shot a jillion times and survived, even tjo he was unarmed.......guess stuff happens. Who knows.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"What should the citizens do? What should lawmakers do? Whos job is it to fix or adress this before the next shooting?"

Referring to the looting and destruction of property....LE should arrest those engaged in criminal activity. Period. Why LE merely watched looting take place (according to early CNN reference) and did nothing is beyond me. If LE is worried about getting in over their head, then their needs to be a larger LE presence with back up available. Might this escalate the tension and anger and result in more of said behavior......yes. But if LE continues to arrest criminal activity eventully....it would stop.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
CNN is running the killer whale show, MSNBC is Lockup Raw Fox is the Kelly file. Its dark, almost 10pm, why aint nobody covering this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom