Riots and Looting...the best way to get "Justice"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree with you, but I also know that anyone that thinks this was a sweet little boy that just wanted to grab a smoke on his way to work has never been in the area.

Yep, aint that always the case. He wasnt the sweet innocent boy....but hes just as dead. And apparently black and apparently unarmed and apparently in a poor section of town(black section) and apparently killed by a white officer.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the cops in STL will tell you to stay out of North County and East STL. People do not go to the cops because you will be killed by the gangs that run the area for doing so. The 2 places "E STL & N County" have been war zones for years. The MSM is trying hard to paint the story, but the locals are not buying it. I have been talking to my sister every night. None of the people in the protest cared about the killing and crime going on last week. The looters should be erased from the planet. They will probably kill the store owner next, because that is what the thugs in North County do.

They need to let it burn!
And who's kidding who....police don't serve or protect anyone.
Their job is punish. That's how the system is set up. To " protect" they would need five times the man power in ANY jurisdiction .

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I walked out tonight and a kid was stealing my clubs off my cart I would not think "Choot 'em!"

That's a far cry from a mob of angry people smashing up your store, stealing all your inventory and then burning it to the ground, isn't it?

Nobody here is talking about the petty theft of a small piece of property. We're talking about a mob that is rioting and destroying someone's means of support, for themselves and their family. Not an exaggeration.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And whats always forgotten is an Officer killed an unarmed man.

Think we have already forgotten the QT owner that had his livelihood burned to the ground. Quick question that I have not seen answered anywhere, is the QT that got burned down the same one that our enterprising youth roughed up the clerk and stole some cigars just before his encounter with police?

Just want as full a picture as can be had. Would it not put the whole thing in a different perspective if the QT gets robbed and clerk man handled and police gun down the suspect and the locals riot, loot and burn down the QT that was robbed earlier that day by the very youth that was gunned down?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have evidence that this should be the important part? Please provide it if so...

Would this be evidence of this being an important part of this situation? Does the question of why the officer shot need to be proven? Would a non-leo in the same or similar situation face more scrutiny?

David Klinger, an associate professor in the department of criminology and criminal justice at the University of Missouri–St Louis and a former officer with the Los Angeles police department, said there are two permissible circumstances in which an officer can use lethal force.

1.Constitutionally, a police officer can shoot a suspect who is threatening the life of the officer, a fellow officer or a member of the public, said Klinger, a use-of-force expert. This is known as the “defence of life” standard.

2.An officer can also shoot a fleeing suspect if the officer believes the suspect has committed a violent felony and his or her escape would pose a significant and serious threat, he said.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/15/michael-brown-when-can-officers-shoot-ferguson

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Think we have already forgotten the QT owner that had his livelihood burned to the ground. Quick question that I have not seen answered anywhere, is the QT that got burned down the same one that our enterprising youth roughed up the clerk and stole some cigars just before his encounter with police?

Just want as full a picture as can be had. Would it not put the whole thing in a different perspective if the QT gets robbed and clerk man handled and police gun down the suspect and the locals riot, loot and burn down the QT that was robbed earlier that day by the very youth that was gunned down?

Yes it was the same QT.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And whats always forgotten is an Officer killed an unarmed man.

I think this is a fact that has been stated by both sides.

But...is an officer only allowed to use deadly force if his/her attacker has a weapon?

There are a lot of details and evidence that we don't know...and may never know. Right now I think it's too soon to jump on either side of the issue.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would this be evidence of this being an important part of this situation? Does the question of why the officer shot need to be proven? Would a non-leo in the same or similar situation face more scrutiny?

David Klinger, an associate professor in the department of criminology and criminal justice at the University of Missouri–St Louis and a former officer with the Los Angeles police department, said there are two permissible circumstances in which an officer can use lethal force.

1.Constitutionally, a police officer can shoot a suspect who is threatening the life of the officer, a fellow officer or a member of the public, said Klinger, a use-of-force expert. This is known as the “defence of life” standard.

2.An officer can also shoot a fleeing suspect if the officer believes the suspect has committed a violent felony and his or her escape would pose a significant and serious threat, he said.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/15/michael-brown-when-can-officers-shoot-ferguson

No. That is a factor in question, but not evidence.

But...is an officer only allowed to use deadly force if his/her attacker has a weapon?

There are a lot of details and evidence that we don't know...and may never know. Right now I think it's too soon to jump on either side of the issue.

No, the standard doesn't require the presence of a weapon on the attacker.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The looters in Ferguson / New Orleans (Katrina) and any other happening. A riot / mob knowing LE will use deadly force will be a deterrent. What part of stealing a TV coincides with conducting a demonstration?
I hate thrives, YES shoot them like the rabid dog they are.

Not trying to defend looters but I'm wondering does your opinion of thieves extend to those in Gov. positions? Are those in Gov. positions who embezzle public funds, falsify time cards, stay home or work another job while collecting a Gov. salary, or sleep on the job thieves? Should they be shot?

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Seems to me an 18 year old 300 lb male might qualify as a weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom