Robber shot to death in Tulsa convenience store

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plus one for the clerk, glad he is physically ok, now he has to deal with the fact he killed some one. I think he will get over it. I just hope he does get over it quick. It was either him or the bad guy...

Im sure they were "really good kids"... just fell into the wrong crowd.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The attempted robber was 14 years of age and was involved in an alternative school that tries to keep at risk kids out of trouble. I can't imagine how those that were working with him and his family are feeling right now, I would feel like a total failure, and rather defeated. I hope they keep their chin up and continue working with at risk kids, despite the setback.

Mr. Kahn (the clerk) will have to live the rest of his life with knowledge of taking someone's life, and probably quite a bit of discontent from the community that he works and lives in.

I'm grateful that he defended himself and wasn't injured, but it's just not a situation that I'd want to celebrate. It's a tough time for everyone involved.

Very well put.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm grateful that he defended himself and wasn't injured, but it's just not a situation that I'd want to celebrate. It's a tough time for everyone involved.

I agree.

Unfortunately I'm no longer shocked by but nonetheless ashamed of the reactions of some people to a tragedy such as this.

Bryan

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the TW link:

"Due to the number of comments that violate our terms and conditions, the Tulsa World has elected to disable comments for this page."

Gee, I wonder why? :rolleyes2

I think they should be honest and state it like this:

"Due to the number of comments that disagree with our affirmed position that one should rely on big brother for every aspect of their life including personal protection, the Tulsa World has elected to disable comments for this page."

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree.

Unfortunately I'm no longer shocked by but nonetheless ashamed of the reactions of some people to a tragedy such as this.

Bryan

I'm sorry but to me there is nothing tragic at all about it. Bad guys try to commit armed robbery, bad guy dead, clerk ok because he defended himself. What's not to celebrate? That's one less perp I have to worry about possibly harming someone I care about in the future. No tear soup from me. Thanks Mr. Khen!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The kid made a bigboy decision, he got a bigboy response. Such is life. I don't care how his family feels, he tried to rob a man who was TRYING TO MAKE AN HONEST LIVING with a firearm.

Freaking Wah!! You can't save everyone.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I feel for the folks who loved this kid and saw the good in him (and I am sure there was some good) I have difficulty feeling sorry for him. At 14 my boys were very, very aware of right and wrong. I can see no reason to feel bad because he reaped the consequences of his decision.

This is much like the pharmacy shooting here. While I may not agree with the way Mr. Ersland handled himself after the first shot was fired, those young men could have chosen to do any number of things that day.

Each of these young men's families (as well as others who were affected) are now having living with the consequences of their actions on those days.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Incidents like this are why I try to avoid going north of 21st St here in Tulsa. I'm glad theres one less crook on the street, i hope they get the other one. 14 or not, he knew what he was doing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom