Robber shot to death in Tulsa convenience store

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw they talked to his parents in the Tulsa World.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/...ctid=450&articleid=20100916_11_0_Amanha522147
Of course he is a pillar of society and the kid didn't have a gun, so obviously he wasn't using it and the gun was planted. Passing the blame on for a kid who has a history of making bad decisions. Sorry his life went the way it did.

:disappoin Of course. He had just turned his life around. He was gonna make something of himself. It wasn't his fault.

Regina

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What did I tell ya? Those that failed him most, will be the loudest. UGH! And it's an empty b!tch session because I have no idea of a solution that is better than what happened. He was in a program and he still made the wrong decision, effecting everyone around him including himself. Just too depressing, I'm going back to work.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Regina, I agree 100% it is a tragic situation. A stupid decision cost someone their life and to top it off, they had more life left in them than they had lived out. It is tragic, but I don't believe those that worked with him should feel as if they failed in some way. We all make mistakes, especially kids. And his mistake should not be a burden that these people who worked with him should carry, IMO.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't assume that Mr. Kahn feels any guilt at all, I suspect you are projecting your feelings on him. Mr. Kahn may actually feel relief that he and the others in the store survived, that he was able to do what was necessary to save lives. He may feel anger that the two robbers put him in the situation in which he had to shoot. He may feel at risk of retribution for his actions.

He may feel a lot of things, or not, but I wouldn't automatically assume that he feels guilt.

^^^^^ This :thumbup3:

A more succinct expression of reality I have not read on this thread.

Regina

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I often wonder how many time folks say stuff like the above because they believe it is expected of them when they are silently cheering to themselves...

I'd hardly say that it was expected of me since I seem to be in the minority. I made it no secret that I'm glad the clerk was armed and was able to protect himself, I just can't relate to the victorious outlook of the situation. When you have the number of forum members on the site that this one does, it's bound to happen.

What happened in Virgina? Didn't follow that part.

MaddSkillz,
No they shouldn't, and like I said, I hope they keep their chin up and keep working at it.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What happened in Virgina? Didn't follow that part.

Ummm...

Yes Virginia - the good guys did win...

Was a paraphrase of a quote from the film, A Miracle on 34th street about a little girl and Santa Clause - a character in the film told the little girl named Virginia, that "Yes Virginia - there is a Santa Claus".

Regina

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ummm...

Yes Virginia - the good guys did win...

Was a paraphrase of a quote from the film, A Miracle on 34th street about a little girl and Santa Clause - a character in the film told the little girl named Virginia, that "Yes Virginia - there is a Santa Claus".

Gotcha. I thought you were talking about the state of Virginia, completely threw me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom