Romney on Gun Control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
A fine and courageous sentiment.

Sometimes practical considerations must take precedence over principle.

.Compromise: The politically correct way to describe a negotiation where both sides lose.

Which is it Wolfie? Are you...{GASP!!} "compromising" because of "practical considerations?"

PS, I couldn't help myself! I still love you Wolfie.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A fine and courageous sentiment.

However, one must consider that if acted upon who will lose the most if Obama is reelected? The country, the republicans, the people?

Sometimes practical considerations must take precedence over principle.
The party know most people think this way. That is why they will never put up a truly conservative candidate. They don't have to. All they have to do is remind you how much worse it would be if the other side is elected.

The campaign pledge for the Republicans has become a promise to take away fewer guns and fewer rights than the Democrats would. Protecting your rights is no longer in the equation.

Michael

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which is it Wolfie? Are you...{GASP!!} "compromising" because of "practical considerations?"

PS, I couldn't help myself! I still love you Wolfie.

We don't live in a digital universe JB. There are many shades of grey between black and white.

That said: When it comes down to a choice between Romney and Obama my definition of Compromise:

Compromise: The politically correct way to describe a negotiation where both sides lose.
stands as vivid proof of its efficacy.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I completely disagree. I'd rather watch it all collapse than watch another pretend conservative grind this country to dust. I'm done with voting for the lesser of two evils. That's the only way we're going to teach the Republican party to stop their stupidity. I expect better from my party and it's way past time they learned their lesson!

Only problem is you will teach the Republican party nothing by not voting, same as the Democrats. They take silence as approval and only understand protest, raised voices, and voting. That is why both the Dems and the old guard GOP fear the Tea Party.

So you support and vote for the one who edges things in the direction you want it to go. You keep doing that until you get there.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Obama in a 2ndg term could appoint 3 justices. No Romney fan but i'll take him over a stacked court any day

^^This but just because he appoints them doesn't mean he'll get them.The senate has to approve appointees and most pundits believe that the Repubs will win the Senate in 2012 while keeping the house.That would make a second obama term a "lame duck" one.

Oh and ABO(anybody but obama).

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^This but just because he appoints them doesn't mean he'll get them.The senate has to approve appointees and most pundits believe that the Repubs will win the Senate in 2012 while keeping the house.That would make a second obama term a "lame duck" one.

Oh and ABO(anybody but obama).

That is what we are hoping for, especially if we can get enough real conservatives and anybody but Obama. Then maybe we can make some real progress.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only problem is you will teach the Republican party nothing by not voting, same as the Democrats. They take silence as approval and only understand protest, raised voices, and voting. That is why both the Dems and the old guard GOP fear the Tea Party.

So you support and vote for the one who edges things in the direction you want it to go. You keep doing that until you get there.

Oh I don't stand silent. I voice my opposition directly to the party. When they ignore that, I'm fully prepared to watch them loose election after election until it gets through their thick skulls. The Republican party and the Democratic party are two sides of the same coin. You can flip em all you want, but you can't avoid either one of them and they know it. The only thing they understand is loosing. Neither of them like it and in the end, it's all you have to threaten them with. :(

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See what a full GOP Legislative and Executive branch has got Oklahoma?

Better shape them most of the rest of the country.

Oh I don't stand silent. I voice my opposition directly to the party. When they ignore that, I'm fully prepared to watch them loose election after election until it gets through their thick skulls. The Republican party and the Democratic party are two sides of the same coin. You can flip em all you want, but you can't avoid either one of them and they know it. The only thing they understand is loosing. Neither of them like it and in the end, it's all you have to threaten them with. :(

The only real way to change them, at least until we get some more viable parties, is to keep supporting the candidates you prefer and forcing them to listen. When I decide who I will support for Prez, I will donate directly to his campaign but not the GOP party and will vote for them in the primary. Now when it does come to the election I will vote for ABO even if it means holding my nose while I do it. Simply because ANYBODY has to be better. Heck leaving the office vacant would be better. At least if we do get control of both congressional houses there will not be a VETO to override.

Latest posts

Top Bottom