1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Rookie Knifemaker pics

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by warrior45, Feb 24, 2010.

1. J-leblanc

J-leblanc Sharpshooter

looking good! Soon youll be selling knives to all of us

2. ldp4570

ldp4570 Sharpshooter

Very nice!!!! I love good steel! Keep up the great work!!

3. warrior45

warrior45 Sharpshooter

Thank you guys!!! I am still very thankful you have all welcomed a newb maker like this. Its all you guys that fuel the fire for us.

OSA rulez!!!!!!!

Chris

4. warrior45

warrior45 Sharpshooter

Here is a monster I am working on for a very good buddy of mine. Same buddy that got the Entry Tool Proto on page 1.

The Knar-Tac is 18.5" OAL, just wanted a wicked looking Battle Hawk/Chopper type design. I am going with a Tan or Tan/Black G-10 or Micarta.....Now I need to grind in the bevels etc and send it off to heat treat with this next batch.

The others are just blades I am working on right now.

I think I will call it Knar-Tac or NightHawk not sure yet:
    ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_MorgansKnar_TacAKANight_Hawk002.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_MorgansKnar_TacAKANight_Hawk001.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_MorgansKnar_TacAKANight_Hawk005.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_MorgansKnar_TacAKANight_Hawk006.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_MorgansKnar_TacAKANight_Hawk009.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_MorgansKnar_TacAKANight_Hawk010.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_MorgansKnar_TacAKANight_Hawk007.jpg

Thanks for looking guys,

Chris

5. Seedy

Seedy Sharpshooter

Looking good man!

6. warrior45

warrior45 Sharpshooter

Thanks, Colby!!! Now we need to decide what design to go with for the wife:hyper::woohoo1: My buddy is at Blade Show looking into them Purple Burl blocks....;-)

Thanks for the support my bro!

Chris

7. Bill Coye

Bill Coye Sharpshooter

Moving right along Mr. Martin!

:bowdown:

BC

8. winterparker2b

winterparker2b Marksman

Nice work, how about a tactical tomahawk? About a 3-4" chisel blade on one side and a long spike on the other......

9. warrior45

warrior45 Sharpshooter

Thank you Bill! Always means alot coming from you my neighbor! Nothing even close to what your doing, but I am working on it! I am almost done with the KDG grinder, just need my drive and things will get much better around the shop:yikes2:

Chris
    Winter, thanks bud! I have several Battle Hawks sketched up, I just need to order a large enough sheet to cut them from. All I have width wise is 1/4" x 3" 5160 and 0-1.....Once I get some wider steel in you can count on it! I love monsters:mosh: Most of all, wicked designs! This beast happened by accident. I was cutting several of the blades you see in the pics from 0-1, and had this sick looking cut off left.....Felt really good in the hand and this beast was born. I am going to do several more of these. One for myself and a couple more buddies. Its amazing what can come from cut-offs....hahaha

Thanks for the comments buddy. I hope to have a proto Hawk on the operating table very soon. I still plan on doing a GAW here @ OSA in the near future. Might be a good one for a GAW. You guys have all helped me grow as a maker. I appreciate it fellas.

Chris

10. warrior45

warrior45 Sharpshooter

Got a little bit ground out today. Still have to clean up some lines, bring a couple up higher, drill and off to heat treat. I am loving my new Lenox BandSaw blade.....What was I doing with an 18TPI in the first place??????? This new blade cuts like butter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
    ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_ByronandMorgansBlades004.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_ByronandMorgansBlades003.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_ByronandMorgansBlades002.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_ByronandMorgansBlades001.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_ByronandMorgansBlades005.jpg

Thanks for looking, fellas.

Chris