Ruger Super Redhawk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna get one of these for a truck gun. I would think it would work well for your intended situation. :D

163504_01_lg.jpg

4" barrel (ported)
Bullet weight from 210-500gr
Speeds from 1300-2100fps

WTH, yolo, yaknow?

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna get one of these for a truck gun. I would think it would work well for your intended situation. :D

View attachment 41091

4" barrel (ported)
Bullet weight from 210-500gr
Speeds from 1300-2100fps

WTH, yolo, yaknow?

You can hand load a 700 grain bullet for that thing. The one guy said he wears two shooting gloves on his strong hand and barely makes it thru one cylinder. I gurenadamn teee that you lob 5 flat nosed 700 grain bullets at most anything that walks this planet they are gonna feel it.

Iffin I was gonna get a short x frame like that I would get it in a 460. Shoots three different cartridges.

How does the SDA transfer over to a loaded truck gun that is too large in caliber?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can hand load a 700 grain bullet for that thing. The one guy said he wears two shooting gloves on his strong hand and barely makes it thru one cylinder. I gurenadamn teee that you lob 5 flat nosed 700 grain bullets at most anything that walks this planet they are gonna feel it.

Iffin I was gonna get a short x frame like that I would get it in a 460. Shoots three different cartridges.

How does the SDA transfer over to a loaded truck gun that is too large in caliber?

Oh cripes! You're right, I don't think I can "truck-gun" that thing. SHEISSE! Well... damn. I completely forgot about that stupid-ass .45ACP limit. :(

I thought of making an AOW 12g super shorty, but keeping an empty chamber probably only leaves me with 2 rounds in the tube... even being a 12g, that's not something I'd want to rely on exclusively. Instead I'm looking into an SBS 300AAC in a biometrically-keyed roof-mounted lockbox. :)

The thing I don't like about the .460 is the added length with the comp. :(

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis just go buy another. You know in Canada a short shotgun is legal 16 in maybe less can't remember but a rifle needs an 18 in barrel go figure. I had a few & my buddies did also when we would camp on the Island (Vancouver Island) we would load them with slugs. I hope you are flying because you mentioned no handguns in Canada you know the law as far as bringing them in or you will need to ship it to Alaska. Ruger has brought out the 480 again in a super red hawk Alaskin in a 2.5 in also have the 44 mag and casull. probably cost you close to 1/3 or more of a new gun to work on yours, but if you are dead set on 5 in TALO has a 5 in in 454 casull but if you want the 44 mag that may be the only way to go I think

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh cripes! You're right, I don't think I can "truck-gun" that thing. SHEISSE! Well... damn. I completely forgot about that stupid-ass .45ACP limit. :(

I thought of making an AOW 12g super shorty, but keeping an empty chamber probably only leaves me with 2 rounds in the tube... even being a 12g, that's not something I'd want to rely on exclusively. Instead I'm looking into an SBS 300AAC in a biometrically-keyed roof-mounted lockbox. :)

The thing I don't like about the .460 is the added length with the comp. :(

Get a .454 casull

Redmule454

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a .454 casull

^^^^^^^ what he said!
Ruger Alaskan in .454, shoot .45 Colt for general carry and .454 for big critters. Since it is a .45 you can carry it as a truck gun.
Also, according to the specs on my box of ammo, the .454 will do at 100 yds what the .44 mag does at the muzzle.

I had an Alaskan guide tell me that if I took a .44 mag to Alaska for bear defense to be sure to file off the front sight......why? I asked....he sez.....so after you shoot the bear with the little gun and he takes it from you it won't hurt so bad when he shoves it up your a..... :ooh2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom