Rush..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rush doing what Rush does best: grabbing the spotlights and pointing them all directly at himself. Can't believe it's still working for him after all these years.

Yeah, Fluke's testimony centered around her friend's use of birth control for medical reasons (ovarian cysts). Rush is a very bright guy (businessman) and knows exactly what he's doing. His fans are not and do not.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Limbaugh's right that organizations with moral objections to contraception shouldn't have to pay for it for their employees. Nor should insurance companies have to pay for it (will just raise premiums for everyone). Since when did contraception become a right?

That said: Limbaugh went way over board calling her a slut and a prostitute. Suggestion she post videos was - well - just nutty.

I know the guy's a conservative ICON but hey! Going too far is just going too far and all he accomplishes when he behaves like that is to further alienate moderates (damned fence sitters) and energize the left.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't call her a slut for wanting contraceptives, but I would call her a complete idiot for wanting the taxpayers footing the bill. No way in hell is it ever appropriate for public money to buy her pills or condoms because poor little college girl going to a $60,000 a year university is taking too much of her money.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't call her a slut for wanting contraceptives, but I would call her a complete idiot for wanting the taxpayers footing the bill. No way in hell is it ever appropriate for public money to buy her pills or condoms because poor little college girl going to a $60,000 a year university is taking too much of her money.

Her stance is that birth control is a legitimate medical treatment/preventive just like legions of other things that are covered.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Her stance is that birth control is a legitimate medical treatment/preventive just like legions of other things that are covered.

What about the other gazillion things that aren't covered. :anyone:

Go out and get yourself a nice little pre-existing condition and see just how much insurance you can get. With her arguement, there are plenty of people who have actual, real illnesses who can't get coverage who should be in line first.

There is no constitutional right to insurance.
There is no constitutional right to health coverage.
There is no constitutional right to any of this crap that they want all of us to pay for.

When is the last time any of you (or for most of you, your wives) got 100% absolutely free birth control from your insurance provider anyway? I can think back to the best insurance I ever had at a huge company (and it cost them well over $1000 a month) and even with this great coverage then they only covered a free quarterly shot or $5 a month pills. Since when did this become some big dadgum emergency too? Did all of a sudden everyone need this to be a critical issue and addressed even though it's been this way for decades?

This whole debate about this is unfocused and I believe on purpose. It's not about sex, it's not about BC, it's not about the 1st Amendment, it's about expanding social programs even further and expecting taxpayers to foot the bill either directly or in an agenda designed to raise insurances costs and force people onto Obama-care. This lays the groundwork is all. It also has the added effect of trying to get us to not think about the economy come election time. It just more fear-mongering and placating those who are easily distracted and fooled.

C'mon guys... you know better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom