Rush..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find it utterly depressing that a law student (3rd year no less!) would actually testify before congress that $3000 a year is a hardship that the taxpayers should fund. If this is what our universities are churning out we are fooked.

Here's an idea! If you can't afford contraception don't screw! Hell I knew this by 7th grade and a 3rd year law student today doesn't? :faint:

And RH, you are smarter than this man. If it's a legitimate health condition insurance plans that cover it. Get with the program man! Rush is right, this chick just wants to screw and she's using "health condition(s)" as a cover to sleep around risk free on the taxpayer dole. They've indoctrinated her well.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the subject of the female Georgetown student body, I do have some experience.

I went to Marine Corps school in Quantico and Georgetown was THE place to go and party at the time. Partly because the drinking age in D.C. was 19 at the time and partly because of all the sweet lookin' Georgetown college girls.

The number one thing I take from this chick's testimony is that Georgetown gals are in desperate need of some BC sugar daddies and can be had for a song.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it utterly depressing that a law student (3rd year no less!) would actually testify before congress that $3000 a year is a hardship that the taxpayers should fund.

Is the Georgetown student health plan taxpayer subsidized or subsidized by the university? Not rhetorical; I really don't know how it operates.

If it's a legitimate health condition insurance plans that cover it.

Really?

Again, this argument should be about healthcare, insurance, and the role the government should have in both. Healthcare is healthcare. GY care and birth control is no different than cholesterol meds or anti-depressants or anything else. I think about 80% of the people I know on medications of various types are on them for total ******** reasons, but what I think doesn't mean much.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, this argument should be about healthcare, insurance, and the role the government should have in both. Healthcare is healthcare. GY care and birth control is no different than cholesterol meds or anti-depressants or anything else. I think about 80% of the people I know on medications of various types are on them for total ******** reasons, but what I think doesn't mean much.

+1

While I do believe there is a Church componant to the argument as Obama framed it, I do fully agree that the primary issue is government involvement in healthcare and in telling businesses what they must do.

See what I mean... I think Obama meant to get us all tied up over this and it's working!

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1

While I do believe there is a Church componant to the argument as Obama framed it, I do fully agree that the primary issue is government involvement in healthcare and in telling businesses what they must do.

See what I mean... I think Obama meant to get us all tied up over this and it's working!
And THAT is why Rush Limbaugh's 3 day rant about SLUTS and SO MUCH SEX and SHOW US THE VIDEOS distracts from the real issue.

Oh, it's good for his ratings, even if it does damage the GOP position.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Far scarier than the fact that Rush is pumping out verbal diarrhea over the airwaves, is the fact that he has the ratings to continue doing so.

Very little of what he says is remotely intelligent and if he had only slightly differing (supposed) political views, most of his devoted fans would be slandering him for flinging such idiotic liberal poo.

In my opinion, if you want to gripe about something the other side is doing - cool. If you want to do the same thing (in order to show them a lesson), then cool.

If you do both, you're a hypocrite.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i've told people from the beginning of this that it really has nothing to do with healthcare or birth control. most of them (sheeple) look at me like i've lost my mind

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've told people from the beginning of this that it really has nothing to do with healthcare or birth control. most of them (sheeple) look at me like i've lost my mind

Exactly. Once you confuse the voters and polarize the issues, you basically convince everyone there are only a few limited choices. The "you're with us, or against us" approach to every issue is getting old and I'd hoped that more and more folks were wising up to these tired old politician tricks.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, it's good for his ratings, even if it does damage the GOP position.

GOP politicians (Boehner, Santorum, etc.) are trying to distance themselves from the Rush comments and kind of condemn them. I didn't realize how big this story was until the last couple hours - it's all over the news. Democrats are loving it because they know the GOP is still losing women voters, and the longer things like the Rush story are in the news, the better it is for them. Anything that helps the repubs seem more misogynistic is great news for the democrats. Not that they often need much help in appearing misogynistic.

Rush doesn't care about the GOP postion. Rush cares about Rush, and it has worked very well for him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom