Rush..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the Georgetown student health plan taxpayer subsidized or subsidized by the university? Not rhetorical; I really don't know how it operates.

Again, this argument should be about healthcare, insurance, and the role the government should have in both. Healthcare is healthcare. GY care and birth control is no different than cholesterol meds or anti-depressants or anything else. I think about 80% of the people I know on medications of various types are on them for total ******** reasons, but what I think doesn't mean much.

Well I found this, it's worth about what you paid for it. lol

And you are correct. It is the bigger issue of healthcare and the .gov providing it in general. Hell after SCOTUS guts the thing this this summer it will all be for naught anyway. But we's has to have 'da drama you know?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Well I found this, it's worth about what you paid for it. lol

And you are correct. It is the bigger issue of healthcare and the .gov providing it in general. Hell after SCOTUS guts the thing this this summer it will all be for naught anyway. But we's has to have 'da drama you know?

Oh yeah, she's an activist regardless of her age or anything else. I just posted that in reply to my buddy Kopbet in the other thread. That's undeniably what she is - an activist for healthcare reform.

This drama is yet another thing that's killing the GOP. 56% of women voted for Obama last time, and I bet it's over 60% this time. If I remember, there are more female voters than male. The democrats should be sending Rush gift baskets.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it utterly depressing that a law student (3rd year no less!) would actually testify before congress that $3000 a year is a hardship that the taxpayers should fund. If this is what our universities are churning out we are fooked.

Some might contend it makes it more understandable.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruh Roh :popcorn:

As the Rush Limbaugh show became embroiled in controversy Friday, Cleveland Cavalier's owner Dan Gilbert made a hasty exit, declaring his company would no longer support the talk-radio host with advertising dollars.

Gilbert announced via his Twitter account that Quicken Loans Inc. was pulling its ads from the show in protest over Limbaugh's verbal attacks on a female college student.

"Due to Rush Limbaugh's inflammatory comments along w/valuable feedback from our clients & staff, Quicken Loans has suspended ads on his show," according to a 4:09 p.m. Tweet attributed to Gilbert.

Through a spokeswoman, Gilbert declined to elaborate.

"We're not commenting beyond that statement from Dan," said Paula Silver, the vice president of communications at Quicken Loans.

The statement represented an abrupt change of heart. Hours earlier, Quicken had issued a statement supporting Limbaugh and his right to express his views. But that was before demands for Limbaugh's sponsors to pull their ads rocketed through cyberspace.

At least two other companies, bedding retailers Sleep Train and Sleep Number, also severed their relationships with the show Friday.

The firestorm began Wednesday, when Limbaugh attacked Georgetown University law student Sandra Fluke for testifying in favor of mandatory coverage of contraception in employer-provided health insurance. He repeatedly called her a prostitute and a slut.

By Friday, his tirade was being attacked by national leaders as well as by many women's groups and the administration and faculty at Fluke's Roman Catholic university.

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2012/03/rush_limbaugh_show_is_no_place.html

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it utterly depressing that a law student (3rd year no less!) would actually testify before congress that $3000 a year is a hardship that the taxpayers should fund. If this is what our universities are churning out we are fooked.

Here's an idea! If you can't afford contraception don't screw! Hell I knew this by 7th grade and a 3rd year law student today doesn't? :faint:

And RH, you are smarter than this man. If it's a legitimate health condition insurance plans that cover it. Get with the program man! Rush is right, this chick just wants to screw and she's using "health condition(s)" as a cover to sleep around risk free on the taxpayer dole. They've indoctrinated her well.

I just want to eat bacon and have everyone pay for my subsequent health care costs.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And THAT is why Rush Limbaugh's 3 day rant about SLUTS and SO MUCH SEX and SHOW US THE VIDEOS distracts from the real issue.

Oh, it's good for his ratings, even if it does damage the GOP position.

You're preachin' to the choir brother... whaddya want me to do, say "Hobbes is right."?
Well, OK... Hobbes is right. There ya go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom