S&w m&p9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea FireCop, I have a 9Pro with about 8000 rounds through it. Mike @ accurate iron did the trigger on mine and it did get better. My SIL just picked up a regular 9 and the trigger isn't that much worse. The Apex parts are worth the money just to shorten the reset. But all in all the triggers are just about what you are used to in your Glocks. The Apex parts are easy to install too, so it's no big deal. The ergos are great and the M&P series are just another Glock in my opinion when it comes to accuracy and durability. Wait... The sights on the M&P are definitely better and when you drop a mag, it actually drops. No shaking needed. So there the M&P is clearly superior. :D

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figured the pro is worth the buy to me, the price for the apex isn't worth the extra money for a slightly better trigger. I'm not a trigger stickler anyway as long as they are decent but YMMV.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So far, it seems like the biggest complaint is the trigger. From watching Youtube and reading some articles, that can be corrected with some parts from Apex.

I don't get the whole trigger issue. It seems like every handgun that comes out, people talk about the trigger like it is a huge deal.

There is nothing wrong with the triggers on M&Ps or Glocks, or many other guns. They may be different, but they shoot just fine.

If the triggers were as bad as everyone says, they wouldn't be selling so many guns.

If you want a 1911, Colt or S&W revolver, get one, and quit expecting a plastic gun to feel the same.

All guns are a little different, sometimes you just need to shoot one enough to get used to it.

Man up and learn how to shoot already.

(This rant is not directed at anyone in particular, just my personal opinion.)

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 9L and 2 9c's. Wonderful guns. That 9c is so comfortable and most time I forget I'm carrying it. It is much smaller than my 23 and easier to conceal. It would be my last gun to get rid of. I keep kicking around selling or trading the 23 for an M&P 40, but it was my first gun purchase and I'll never get out of it what I have in it.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a .40 fullsize i used in competition. It never let me down and i also used it for a carry gun. As of right now i have a .40c for a "other" carry gun. I didnt mind the trigger much.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought and sold a M&P 9. It was a nice pistol, shot great, and I didn't mind the trigger at all. My only issue with it is that it doesn't conceal nearly as well as the G19 does for me.

Good luck,

Alan

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't get the whole trigger issue. It seems like every handgun that comes out, people talk about the trigger like it is a huge deal.

There is nothing wrong with the triggers on M&Ps or Glocks, or many other guns. They may be different, but they shoot just fine.

If the triggers were as bad as everyone says, they wouldn't be selling so many guns.

If you want a 1911, Colt or S&W revolver, get one, and quit expecting a plastic gun to feel the same.

All guns are a little different, sometimes you just need to shoot one enough to get used to it.

This is pretty much how I feel about triggers. When I read people talking about triggers it reminds me of wine snobs discussing the nuances of fine wines, give me a good wine and I will lap it up all the same. When I shoot my 1911 I expect for it to have a crisp trigger and when I shoot my polymers I expect the type of trigger they come with. The only thing I dont like is a DA trigger or an otherwise really heavy SA.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People that complain about trigger reset generally aren't good at shooting. Reset is not a problem. It doesn't even deserve consideration. You can prep the trigger before the pistol settles from recoil, and do it successfully, with any trigger. Don't listen to the word "reset", just tune it out. It's a holdover from before people knew how to really shoot a pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom