sand plums

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
since we're talking about when stuff ripens ,when do sand plums ripen?
i'm from Osage county originally and we didn't have them. went to my new lease(woodward county) for the first time this morning and they're every where.

I'm in far western Osage county, and we have them on this side of the county at least. Lots up around Kaw Lake on the east side. I have some that line my driveway at home. When they get just about ripe enough to eat, the critters get them before I do. The bushes are really loaded this year.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in far western Osage county, and we have them on this side of the county at least. Lots up around Kaw Lake on the east side. I have some that line my driveway at home. When they get just about ripe enough to eat, the critters get them before I do. The bushes are really loaded this year.
i'm from the skiatook area, lots of miles between my part of osage cty and yours. we had blackberries every where but no sand plums

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i'm from the skiatook area, lots of miles between my part of osage cty and yours. we had blackberries every where but no sand plums

You ever get out and pick the blackberries? We have some out at the plant, but I've been told that a person will get eaten alive by chiggers from the bushes. I love blackberries with cream and sugar, but hate the chiggers worse.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You ever get out and pick the blackberries? We have some out at the plant, but I've been told that a person will get eaten alive by chiggers from the bushes. I love blackberries with cream and sugar, but hate the chiggers worse.
my granny made blackberry jelly,cobbler and home made ice cream with them. and yes the are chiggar havens , spray good with off and pray

Latest posts

Top Bottom