Savage Trading Company?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go visit the store, look around, ask questions and make up your own mind. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes and certain things about any store may not "feel" right to you and the next guy will love it! Savage has changed a lot since the remodel and expansion so go check them out.

Mpdelaney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every business has it's advantages and disadvantages. Does Savage sell some stuff higher than other places? Yes. Do they have some things lower than others too? Yep. I have been going to Savage for several years now and I can tell you several things for a fact:

1. If you want to get ANYTHING Springfield, go there! They are a 5 star Springfield dealer and can get ANY Springfield cheaper than just about anyone else in the state.

2. If you want a Benchmade Knife, it's the place to go!!! Big selection and GREAT prices!

3. No matter what you want, Steve will order it for you! (Really... No matter WHAT you want!!!)

4. Guys, bring your wife! If you haven't been in since Janis had her way with the other half of the store, you need to go. But be sure you bring your wife! I gaurantee that even if she doesn't like guns, she'll like what Janis has done there!

5. Steve and Janis are GOOD people! They know what service is, something that is hard to find elsewhere! They know what sacrifice is, all their kids are in the service. They know how to get you coming back, how often do you get to deal with the OWNERS?

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my ccw class there and had a good experience with that, as far as the store, I really didn't pay much attention so I'm not that much help there...

csmith441

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steve is great! I bought a new CM9 a couple months back. After about 50 rounds or so the magazine split. Kahr only provides one magazine with these pistols. No one in town had any magazines for PM9/CM9s. Kahr was also backordered. Steve took a magazine out of a new PM9 and sold it to me at the normal price. I thought that was awesome!!

Also my dad and I got back into shooting 22s again this fall. They searched and found the CZs we were looking for. They also came up with magazines when no one else could get them. (Steve even said he could find consecutive serial numbers in the model we were looking for if needed.)

Don't turn your nose up at them. They are really good people. At least stop by and give them a chance. They will probably surprise you with what they have and what they can get.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was looking for an M1A I had been seeing one on the shelf on a few different trips in there. Seems they always had one model or another in there and it was a different gun every time in. I was looking for an M1A Loaded model. When I got the money together I went out there but stopped at H&H on the way. They had one M1A National Match and that was it. So I headed over to Savage to check out what they had. Turns out he didn't have one at all on this trip, but he said he could get one in 1 to 3 weeks since he was a 5 star Springfield dealer. Remember this was during the glut when you couldn't find anything "military looking", everything was flying off the shelves and I wasn't seeing anything at Bud's online either and hadn't been for some time. So I had him price me one out. He told the price and I asked him if he was sure that he was looking at the Loaded model and told him that H&H had the NM for several hundred less than the price he just quoted me. He double checked it and said yes that was it and that's the best that he could do and he advised me to go get the NM. He even showed me his price on his computer. His markup wasn't even close to being out of line. This conversation was all matter of fact and not pretentious at all. I told him I appreciated his effort and honesty. And then I did what he said and went over to H&H and put that NM they had on layaway with a large down payment that would have bought a loaded outright just a couple of weeks earlier. Went back a couple weeks later and picked it up. Hadn't been out there in awhile, but they used to have some decent deals during the glut. On ammo he usually had some when the Walmart shelves were bare and he might have been a little high but it wasn't too bad. And he had it which was the big deal at the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom