Practical Jokes - Serve em up here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if this was what you had in mind, but it was funny. Anyway, my joke was on a bratty cousin more than fifty years ago. I was a senior in high school and taking a course in the Russian language. In March, we had to go back to Kansas from Seattle due to my paternal grandmother's death and I took my Russian dictionary back with me so I could halfway keep up on, my Russian.

After getting through her funeral we spent some time with my mom's side of the family and we were all gathered around in my uncle's house. My bratty cousin Glen saw my dictionary and wanted to know how to call his brother an SOB. He found the words in the English to Russian part and asked me how to pronounce them. I told him what to say and how to pronounce the Cyrillic characters, so he goes up to Tim, his brother, and in front of everyone there told him what I said to say. Tim looked at him with a 'what the hell' look on his face and Glen told him that he had just called him an SOB in Russian. I said, "No, Glen; you just called yourself one." Everyone there just busted out laughing.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My pop always told the story about a co-worker,,,
Whose wife used to pack peanut butter sandwiches for him.

Every time he unwrapped one he would say,,,
"Oh look, another S**T sandwich.

Need I say more?

Aarond

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the early Windows95 days, my old boss got someone by taking a screenshot of his desktop and setting that as the desktop background. Then he moved all the icons into folders off the desktop, turned off all the system icons, and set the taskbar to autohide. Everything looked normal when the guy got back from lunch, but no matter how many times he clicked on the “icons,” nothing happened…

That was a classic back in the day.

bpshooter

Marksman
Reaction score
I don't even know where to start...
I worked in an ancient factory, and usually the "batch guy" was all alone. Dusty, dark tower, ride old elevator to the 5th floor, and enter a hall that housed conveyor belts. At the end of the hall was a hole, and a ladder to access the next hall for conveyor belts. Climb down, go to the end of the hall, another hole. Climb down and there were two shorter halls, with a conveyor belt each. This was an extremely dusty facility, and as you took the path, you should have a radio with you to contact the furnace operator, as well as a flashlight and a wrench or two. . (in case of emergencies)

My buddy and I took a couple of old uniforms and a pair of rubber boots and created a giant dummy. I cut out a Jason mask using an old bleach bottle, and we put big welder's gloves on it. It was creepy looking and nearly 7 feet tall. We placed it at the end of that very last conveyor and unscrewed the light bulbs.

We set up the next shift guy by triggering a sensor way out on that conveyor knowing he'd have to head out there... it was awesome. Dude got down there in the dark, turned on his flashlight, made his way to the sensor at the end and his flashlight beam hit that dummy, he about broke his neck trying to get out of there.
Which glass plant did you work at?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My pop always told the story about a co-worker,,,
Whose wife used to pack peanut butter sandwiches for him.

Every time he unwrapped one he would say,,,
"Oh look, another S**T sandwich.

Need I say more?

Aarond

That reminds me of some of the guys at work got into a guys lunchbox one day and replaced the meat with cardboard. It was hilarious watching him try to eat that sandwich.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
We filled a manilla envelope with shaving cream, stuck it under a dorm room door and slammed a book on it once. That was fun to clean up.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best practical jokes are ones that you are not present to see them succeed. That way you can play it over and over in your mind........Neighbor across the street was building his house. He Lived in town but came out almost daily to build. He decided to put in a small garden out where the new house was being built. Planted some watermelons and was complaining to me that something was getting his melons so he built a small enclosed wooden trap and put it in the melon patch. I was leaving on vacation the next morning so I went over before he came out and put a small fuzzy stuffed animal in his trap and tripped the door. When we got back the stuffed critter was hanging from my porch light. He said, he could not see what exactly was in the trap.....just saw the fur a bit thru some cracks. Kicked it around a bit before getting the nerve to open the door to let the stuffed critter roll out.

I've enjoyed this one for years.... imagining him peering, kicking, trying to figure out what was in there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom