SB1733 passed the Senate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those of us that ate too many paint chips when young, would you clarify the "transmittal" part? I assume it implies the completed bill being submitted for signature by the Gov? If so, does that meen a signature is due next week (Accounting for Sen. Sykes' apparent plan for a ceremonial signing)?
Sorry it was cut and paste from a different website about how long a Governor has to sign bills passed . So from what I figure she has until Wednesday to sign it. I could be wrong. Ask the wife and she will tell you I am wrong 95% of the time. And I am probably wrong with that percent so it might be 99& of the time.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry it was cut and paste from a different website about how long a Governor has to sign bills passed . So from what I figure she has until Wednesday to sign it. I could be wrong. Ask the wife and she will tell you I am wrong 95% of the time. And I am probably wrong with that percent so it might be 99& of the time.

The bill has not yet been delivered to her. It is still in the Enrollment process. The time will start after she receives it which I estimate to be later today or Monday.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clark Jolley is my Senator and I had emailed and called his office several times. He did vote in favor of SB1733 during previous versions of the bill and also voted for SB2522. I'm going to give him a break for being excused during this vote. He may have had a legitimate reason. Representative Marian Cooksey on the other hand, I can't figure out. She voted against HB2522 but voted in favor of SB1733.

Looks like after the vote was done, Jolley add his name as a co-author to the bill along with Newberry.

C

Clay

I got this second hand off FB:

"When I spoke with Gov. Fallon's secretary, she informed me that the bill currently is in Gov. Fallon's office for review and signing, so Gov. Fallon does currently have the bill in her possession".

Light up her phone asking for support of this bill. Mary Fallins office: (405) 521-2342

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hrdware said:
Looks like after the vote was done, Jolley add his name as a co-author to the bill along with Newberry.

I'm not sure how to interpret that. Does it mean "I wish I could have been there to vote yes"?

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to interpret that. Does it mean "I wish I could have been there to vote yes"?

It means:

1. When asked if he voted for the bill he can truthfully answer "NO - I did not vote for the bill"
2. When asked if he voted for the bill he can truthfully answer, "I was a co-author of the bill"
3. When asked if he voted against the bill he can truthfull answer, "No - I did not vote against the bill".

They're weasels that twist words in ways that most people accept without digging just a little bit more.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Werewolf said:
It means:

1. When asked if he voted for the bill he can truthfully answer "NO - I did not vote for the bill".

Seems slippery to me. Someone could easily follow-up and say to him "Then why did you co-author the bill?"

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems slippery to me. Someone could easily follow-up and say to him "Then why did you co-author the bill?"

True: Though in my opinion that rarely happens if ever. A simple response by the weasel could be, "I've already answered that. Next question". Most people would hesitate to continue to press the issue with someone that the sheep consider their betters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom