SB1733 passed the Senate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Senator Sykes just called me and told me about the bill passing. He said he's going to ask the governor for a ceremonial signing of this bill and a couple of others related to 2A as soon as Schultz gets a bill he's working on passed as well. It would be great if some of us could go to this.

I would love to be there for it. I just need to know when and where.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Senator Sykes just called me and told me about the bill passing. He said he's going to ask the governor for a ceremonial signing of this bill and a couple of others related to 2A as soon as Schultz gets a bill he's working on passed as well. It would be great if some of us could go to this.

If this happens I'd like to go. PM or text me if you hear when.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I am just out of her district. Her district is one of the most crime ridden districts in all of Oklahoma. She needs to worry about what goes on at her rallies because of the gang members and major crimes that occur in that area. The only grocery store in the area has an armed security guard at the front door.

Her comments about the Black Panthers, the KKK and Muslims indicate she is interested in something else entirely - especially considering that she stated she was an ex Black Panther.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if that person actually wasn't there and was excused? What if that person got calls in about even numbers from both sides? What if they have a conflict of interest? I can see some viable reasons to be excused from a vote.

At some point excuses become unacceptable and forgiveness is no longer an option.

F

fredkrueger

I just sent my email to Governor Fallin. I urged her to sign this bill and to consider all the people that have CCL's. I also voiced my opinion about how this is the right thing for our rights as Americans and for this state. Hopefully we will all make a difference.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just sent my email to Governor Fallin. I urged her to sign this bill and to consider all the people that have CCL's. I also voiced my opinion about how this is the right thing for our rights as Americans and for this state. Hopefully we will all make a difference.

I wrote her thanking her for her continued support in the open carry bill and casually mentioned that was the reason I voted for her.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dale00 said:
Of the five excused Senators, four represent districts which include part of Tulsa, Edmund or Stillwater. I'd have to guess they feared alienating their liberal supporters.

Clark Jolley is my Senator and I had emailed and called his office several times. He did vote in favor of SB1733 during previous versions of the bill and also voted for SB2522. I'm going to give him a break for being excused during this vote. He may have had a legitimate reason. Representative Marian Cooksey on the other hand, I can't figure out. She voted against HB2522 but voted in favor of SB1733.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I called The Gov's office today and said, "I live in OKC and would like to voice my overwhelming support for SB1733. I hope Gov. Fallin will uphold her campaign promise to sign a sensible open carry bill into law since this law is VERY sensible and makes safer all of Oklahoma and its citizens."

Latest posts

Top Bottom